"Sweetheart Club" & "Good ol' Boy Club&q

More
17 years 1 month ago #375 by Gulchman
I am asking for general feedback about the "sweetheart club" or "good old boy club " policies at Macdill AFB and Nellis AFB. The policies in question involves advanced reservations for extended periods of time. Which means in peak seasons the parks belong to a select few people, everyone else is S.O.L. The fact is, more than the select few folks are entitled to stay on the base, be more secure and save a few dollars. All comments are welcome. Before you reply, please declare whether or not you are a "sweetheart clubber" or a regular traveller. Thanks..Gulchman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #376 by Navyzone
I have stayed at McDill twice for short periods. Both times during "high" season. No reservations, just called the day we wished to stay. No problem.

Lenny Julius
USN RET

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 1 month ago #394 by a Guest
I've been called a "Sweetheart" by many!...I traveled to Nellis during the peak season in the past... knowing that reservations are required, I just make them...knowing what's expected makes is smooth sailing on my part....If I have a break down or something comes up where I can't make it as scheduled, I call....they've always accommodated me with no problem! Same with McDill!......Semper Fi!

More
17 years 1 month ago #412 by Retired CPO
Not only have I been called a sweetheart but I AM a sweetheart ;D. I stayed at McDill three days in NOV last year without reservations, just called the day before. No problems and I could have stayed a couple more days (and would have) if my schedule had allowed it. Now, about this sweetheart club...How does one get in? I think I'm about half way there already ;)

More
15 years 8 months ago #4101 by Bjudib60
same thing was going on at McCord... It took an office worker who stuck to the rules and got tired of the "manager" giving special preference to her "special customers" to bring it all to the surface. Hence, both workers no longer work there and there appears to be some pending investigations into other matters that were not appropriate also.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4103 by monkey44
This particular issue has been talked about extensively here ... the problem generally is the winter season in the south and those individuals that make reservations time and again early, and take most of the sites. Then, in order to "meet the rules" for equal sharing, some sites are set aside and rotated between some arrivals, when the majority sit on the same spot year after year for months at a time ...

I personally have stayed at MacDill numerous times at different times of the year but if anyone expects to get a site for a couple days during January to March or April -- you're out of luck unless you dry-camp in overflow with no services.

I've even been told at MacDill once I had to move off a site becasue it was booked "next week" and we have to get it ready -- WHAT??? What's to get ready -- sweep it off?? I was a little upset with that ...

Time to create page: 0.553 seconds