Key West

More
16 years 3 months ago #2539 by catpaw51
Replied by catpaw51 on topic Re: Key West
Thanks Bill & Rick for your info and insights! This helps a lot and I think we will have lot's of fun in Key West. Now that I know we can choose the dry camp area (based on availablity) and can drive our towed to Trumbo, it will be easier to relax and enjoy. I'm sure we will be more than ready for some warm weather and a brew or two in the Keys by the time we get there!

Cathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2543 by ccacfrog
Replied by ccacfrog on topic Re: Key West
1-23-2008
Hello all from cold Pittsburgh, Pa. We are also going down to Key West but we are renting one of the mobile homes for 2 weeks. We will be coming in our Class C motor home with our tow car. This is the first time we have been to Key West. I didn't want to dry camp that is why we rented the mobile home. My question is will we have a problem parking our Class C somewhere near the mobile homes? Is anyone familiar with where these mobile homes are located? The information I printed says MWR Vacation Rentals, Trumbo Point Annex. We plan on being away for approximately 6 weeks. We will take about 2 weeks to drive down from Pa. stay in Key West for 2 weeks and then take about 2 weeks to return home to Pittsburgh. I am certainly anxious to get out of this frozen tundra. We are both retired and working part-time jobs so the little break from work is greatly anticipated.
Does anyone know how these mobile homes are? We once stayed at the military base near Bar Harbor, Maine - it is closed now, but their mobile homes were very nice and fully equipped.
Any and all information would be most appreciated.
ty/mimikv

More
16 years 3 months ago #2544 by bill6750
Replied by bill6750 on topic Re: Key West

1-23-2008
Hello all from cold Pittsburgh, Pa. We are also going down to Key West but we are renting one of the mobile homes for 2 weeks. We will be coming in our Class C motor home with our tow car. This is the first time we have been to Key West. I didn't want to dry camp that is why we rented the mobile home. My question is will we have a problem parking our Class C somewhere near the mobile homes? Is anyone familiar with where these mobile homes are located? The information I printed says MWR Vacation Rentals, Trumbo Point Annex. We plan on being away for approximately 6 weeks. We will take about 2 weeks to drive down from Pa. stay in Key West for 2 weeks and then take about 2 weeks to return home to Pittsburgh. I am certainly anxious to get out of this frozen tundra. We are both retired and working part-time jobs so the little break from work is greatly anticipated.
Does anyone know how these mobile homes are? We once stayed at the military base near Bar Harbor, Maine - it is closed now, but their mobile homes were very nice and fully equipped.
Any and all information would be most appreciated.
ty/mimikv

The only thing I can tell you about the trailers is you won't have any trouble finding a place to park a class C there at the trailers. There is plenty of room. Bring your bicycles if you have them. They will come in handy. Also oldchief said there is two places to dry camp at Sigsbee. There may have been last year but this year there is only one place to dry camp at Sigsbee and one place at Trumbo. Have a great time and enjoy. Take a trip to Dry Tortugus Island. It is a great trip.
Bill

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

More
16 years 3 months ago #2545 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Key West

Also oldchief said there is two places to dry camp at Sigsbee. There may have been last year but this year there is only one place to dry camp at Sigsbee and one place at Trumbo. Bill

Bill,
Did they close the older section, original campground on the other side of Sigbee? They had that older section and then the section that circled the FHU area when we were there last February.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 3 months ago #2552 by bill6750
Replied by bill6750 on topic Re: Key West
Rick,
All of the dry camping at Sigsbee now is at the end of Sigsbee road where there are also about 30 FHU sites at. They rearranged everything this year. Of course there is about 60 or 70 sites for FHU in front of the BX.
Bill

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

More
16 years 3 months ago #2553 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Key West

Rick,
All of the dry camping at Sigsbee now is at the end of Sigsbee road where there are also about 30 FHU sites at. They rearranged everything this year. Of course there is about 60 or 70 sites for FHU in front of the BX.
Bill

Bill,

60 or 70 FHU sites in front of the Exchange? Are those over on the water? If so those are the ones I was talking about. They were dry camping sites last year. They must have put hookups in since we were there last February.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds