Key West

More
16 years 3 months ago #2554 by bill6750
Replied by bill6750 on topic Re: Key West
Rick,
Yes they are over by the water, but they appear to have had hookups for a long time. They say that they were the original FHU sites here. They call part of that area the rock pile and the other part the palm tree area. I was never here before so I don't know the background. I just know that the only dry camping is at the end of Sigsbee Drive and it is all around the FHU sites there and around the bath house. They painted sites on the grass and put a poll in front of it to designate the site number.
Bill

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2555 by AdventPreacher
Replied by AdventPreacher on topic Re: Key West
My wife and I stayed at the trailers you speak of and sponsored friends a few years ago. They were comfortable and adequate. Two bedrooms, a kitchen, living room, and one bath. They had a small landing at the top of the entry steps, and were a very short walk to the waterfront. There was more than ample parking, enough for a 40' diesel pusher! If I remember correctly (I may not), it was too far from the center of town to walk. I think you'd want to call a taxi or bring your tow vehicle.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2557 by Navyzone
Replied by Navyzone on topic Re: Key West
I would suggest that bicycles are the absolute best way to get to the downtown area from the Trumbo campsites and the trailers. It is too long a walk for most folks. Make sure you have your helmets, and for returning at night, install lights.

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds