Onslow Beach Camp lejeune

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 8 months ago #1599 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Onslow Beach Camp lejeune
We have reservations for early November, I assume that the beaches will not be manned with lifeguards, however, does anyone know if they are left with open access anyway? Some installations close them when the season is over.
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #1603 by cheldreth
Frank:

I am quite certain that the beaches will be open. There is nothing there to restrict access to them.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

More
16 years 8 months ago #1606 by jestridge
Have anyone ever done any salt water fishing on Camp Lejeune and what are the regulations. Thanks Again

More
16 years 8 months ago #1620 by Sandman
People were fishing when we were there... call for info.. I do know that you must have a permit from public works to drive on the beach..
www.mccslejeune.com/beach.html

Satellite photo..
maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=34.5...=k&z=17&om=1

Campground is just north of the bridge.. road with sites and loop at the end..

Small Exchange at end of bridge road (next to CG)

Just North of CG is Officer Country..

Just South of the bridge road is the "E" beach..

South of the "E" beach is the Staff NCO beach.

South of the SNCO beach is the old pier and open beach (when not closed for amphib training)..

Dogs.. dogs are allowed out of the car on the CG road (in CG) and south of the pier only..

When the bridge opens a bell will ring (like RR crossing).. many campers will grab their beer and head to the fishing pier next to the bridge.. wave to the big $$$ boats headed to or from a Florida winter and then back to the camp site..

Onslow Beach is a jewel in the FamCamp Crown!!!

The Marines are not as big a fratinizers as other services.. due to our age, almost all conversations with the troops are laced with very formal yes sir, no sir.. encounters with SNCOs were much more friendly and informal..

Good local seafood.. ask the hosts, they know..

More
16 years 8 months ago #1686 by digabe
We stayed there in April 07 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Marine training some times took place at night so it was somewhat noisy. They were testing the Osprey helicopters at that time. We are headed back in the middle of October. Beach is very nice and you can find shark teeth in the sand if you look for them.

More
16 years 8 months ago #1746 by BLucier
Wife and I stayed there for a long weekend at the beginning of August. Not a bad little campground. Well stocked shopette next to the registration building. Beach was just a short walk away. Coming from an Army background, the segragated beaches was a bit odd. But I guess that's the way the Navy/Marines operate. You can't take your dog on the beach in front of the campground, but just past the SNCO area, it's allowed. However you do have to take your dog there in the car/truck. It wasn't that far away, and wasn't a big inconvienience.
Only complaints I had was that the sites on the loop portion of the campground were very tight due to the covered shelters on the sites. I was in a pop up and when into my site, I could barely open the awning. I know it had to be hard for anyone with a TT or a 5'er. That and the bathrooms during our stay. Normally they have a crew that comes daily to clean it during the week. However on Saturday morning, I noticed some person must have had an "accident" on the toilet seat of one of the two toilets. That "accident" stayed smeared on the seat the entire weekend. :(

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds