Patrick Manatee Cove

More
7 years 8 months ago #14933 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Patrick Manatee Cove
PPA=Passport America An inexpensive campground membership that has participating campgrounds offering half price camping, most have various restriction, such as length of stay, season or off season, cash only, etc. Generally not the best places but many on good for an overnight FHU spot when traveling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14934 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Patrick Manatee Cove
Passport America has over 1800 campgrounds and there are various restrictions as floridakamper mentioned and this is because they offer half price camping. The campgrounds in the Titusville area that I was using as an example are rated by Good Sam having ratings in each category between 8 and 9 so they are excellent places to stay. We have a 45' class A and are very selective about all campgrounds we stay in so checking Good Sam ratings and online info will go a long way in choosing a Passport America campground. We always do our research before we book at a PPA campground and we have used them a lot over the last 16 years as one or two nighters and sometimes a week and I would not say they are generally not the best places to stay, just my humble opinion in case anyone is thinking about joining PPA I feel it is worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swim-bike-run-1

More
7 years 8 months ago #14935 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Patrick Manatee Cove
LamSam, your right. My description of PPA parks came across too harsh. PPA for the money is a true bargain. I have also been a member for lots of years and the parks vary greatly in GS ratings. I use rvparkreviews.com to research any campground before we stay.

More
7 years 7 months ago #14958 by stanbnv
Replied by stanbnv on topic Patrick Manatee Cove
We have been a member of PPA since 2005 and we saved the cost of it, $44.00 at the time, the first three times we used it. Some of the parks are not always the best but overall they have been satisfactory. The biggest problem is the restrictions some put on it, such as only Oct 31 to May 1st, in colder winter areas.

More
7 years 7 months ago #14962 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Patrick Manatee Cove
Is the truck entrance on School/Anvil Ave. the gate we should use to enter with our 45'motorhome and tow vehicle or has something changed? We would be arriving early afternoon not after hours so any feedback would be appreciated. We hope to head over there in a few weeks.

More
7 years 1 day ago - 7 years 1 day ago #16025 by maxjr758
Replied by maxjr758 on topic Patrick Manatee Cove
Hi
Not sure about your 45' er , but we were there twice last September. and used the Main Gate both times with our 37' 5th wheel & F - 350 King Ranch.
Loved it there !
Stayed there on the way FROM NC to the US Coast Guard Station Marathon Key, then stayed there on the way back.
Have fun enjoy !

2017 THOR CHALLENGER 37TB
2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY
Last edit: 7 years 1 day ago by maxjr758. Reason: Typo

Time to create page: 0.354 seconds