IDEAS NEEDED - WY, UT, and ID

More
15 years 1 week ago #5824 by skyking8
I just finished the flight plan for our trip to ID. I figured that 10 days was enuff time to get to our destination and have time to see lots of things enroute. Wrong! Since I've already committed to departure and arrival dates, I had to pick places more on a direct route. Estes Park, Flaming Gorge, Unita, Antelope, and Promitory Point.

Was planning to come back to TX via the long way thru CA, but now looks like I need to return via UT and AZ. Lots more to do there than I thought - ie. Dinosaur, Canyon Land, Arches, Grand Canyon, etc.

Whew!! Hope fuel stays around 2 buck/gal. Thanks for all of the tips.

Sky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #5827 by monkey44
"Flaming Gorge on my stop list. Looks like Hwy 191 goes from there to Dinosaur, but google earth shows ...

Been quite a few years since I did that route, but I remember it as pretty windy and switching as the google shows -- it seems that I remember some steep hill-climbs too, as I recall - but not enough to make me stay away when I head into that area again this coming year (which I am) ...
But, I am driving a 2500 GMC PU 6.0L with a truck camper too, and not towing anything, so the hills mean less to me than to some vehicles.

More
14 years 11 months ago #5916 by skyking8
I thought I'd pass along some up date on my trip associated with the suggestions I received for places to visit. Had to bypass Rocky Mountain Natl in Estes Park. It's closed til Memorial Day. Some parts of Dinosaur also closed til then. Guess the government agencies running them are on a set time table. Can't be the weather. It's been in the 60s.

Flaming Gorge was outstanding especially the Geo loop. I've been in all 50 states and I can say I've never seen as many different terrain features in one place. Felt like I'd been to a dozen different places.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds