IDEAS NEEDED - WY, UT, and ID

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5760 by skyking8
I’m looking for some suggestions on sites to see and visit on an upcoming trip. In a few weeks, I’ll be in the UT/WY/ID area for a couple months.

Specifically, asking about southern WY, northeast UT, and southern ID. I’ve previously done the Tetons, Yellowstone, and Cody thing and won’t be revisiting them.

Open to all ideas and suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5767 by utmtman
There is Dinosaur National Monument in the north east corner of Utah/Colorado. Well worth a visit to the Utah side for history and dinosaurs and the Colorado side for spectacular views and some history. Also Flaming Gorge on the Utah Wyoming border same area as Dinosaur, Ut.
Norhthern Utah there is Promotory Point.
Bear Lake, Ut also well worth a visit and its Ut/Idaho border.
Craters of the Moon National Monument, Idaho. There are many hot springs around southern Idaho also worth visiting.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5784 by skyking8
utmtman> Thanks for the info. Looked over the sites and campgrounds. They're not on every corner up there. :)

More
15 years 2 weeks ago - 15 years 1 week ago #5786 by FastEagle
In Northeast UT we visited the Unita National Forest and then the Antelope Island State Park. Very good roads making an easy driving experience.

www.militarycampgrounds.us/community/pho...umid=123#photoid=407

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by FastEagle.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #5788 by monkey44
Canyonlands is a 'don't miss it' if you get anywhere near it. Great place, and lots of 'in the back-country' roads if you're into that, but even if not, it's well worth the trip.
And Arches is pretty special too, although you do a tram there now, I think, You can't drive into Arches anymore due to the crowds.

I know that's more southeast Ut -- but some great camping and hiking in that area. Worth it if you have the time and the 'wish' ... M44

More
15 years 1 week ago #5820 by skyking8
:laugh: utmtman wrote:

There is Dinosaur National Monument in the north east corner of Utah/Colorado. Well worth a visit to the Utah side for history and dinosaurs and the Colorado side for spectacular views and some history. Also Flaming Gorge on the Utah Wyoming border same area as Dinosaur, Ut.
quote]

Flaming Gorge on my stop list. Looks like Hwy 191 goes from there to Dinosaur, but google earth shows the route thru mountains with a number of switch backs. I'm an experienced driver, but not interested in slow up hill and braking down all the way down.

Anyone been on that road with a RV??

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds