Virginia Beach Area campgrounds

More
13 years 2 months ago #8221 by wbfchief
Hi,

Good afternoon to all, first I'd like to say, nice site! I am new to the Military Campground arena, never used one before (recently just started camping with motorhome) I have 18 yrs in the USAF..4 yrs left on enlistment. I would like to take my family on vacation to the Virginia Beach area this august '11. Which of the campgrounds there is the best? I can find the campgrounds but with little information. I would also like to take my parents (they have rv also) is that permitted? Thanks for any and all responses, much appreciated

MSgt
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8267 by rif00299
We loved Sea Mist and the local commissary and PX are two of the largest in the world. To the best of my knowledge you cannot sponsor others in any of the Virginia Beach campgrounds. There are beautiful houses on the water that you can bring guests to. An amazing area and worth the trip!! There are other nice private campgrounds nearby that could work for your guests. Reservations for in season need to be made to the day in advance...it fills up quickly.

More
13 years 1 month ago #8343 by Scarlett
Have spent a lot of time at Sea Mist campground at Dam Neck. Very convenient to the commissary and NEX. This campground is undergoing significant remodeling and addition of sites. Have also stayed at the Coast Guard campground at Elizabeth City, NC. Another very nice campground. Not sure about guest procecures. Suggest you call ahead.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #8353 by Sandman
Sea Mist is the best, but small.. (Ft Monroe is the best but will be BRACKed by August)

Ft Story is rehabbing their CG now, should be ready for August.

NAS Oceana has the largest CG, not on or near the beach but if any CG would allow a guest my $$$ would be Oceana.

Enjoy the beach..

More
12 years 6 months ago #8881 by Chet1245
I like Little Creek myself. Small Campground but the host are good people. I do not believe non-military can stay.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9002 by USCGRetired30
Howdy
I'm from the Elizabeth City NC area. We're still working but camp as much as we can on the weekends, especially the long (3 day) ones. I try an do some recon on the other CGs in the area when I can. Ft Story is still overgrown and tight. If they're working on it, it's a little bit at a time. Ft Monroe was real nice and I hope they reopen under the US Park Service soon. Ft Eustis is OK, but a muddy mess when it's wet. The new spots at Navy Dam Neck look real nice, and time will tell on the plantings. I haven't checked out Oceana. I'm planning a trip up to Cheatham Annex for Veterans Day, so I'll post a report when I get back.
The E-City USCG Base CG is real nice, close to the river, concrete pads, with water/electric (30/50 amp)/sewer hookups. There is a second area with RV hookups, 5 I think, but crowded and gravel. Call first and Londa Kay will hook you up!

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds