Leaf Peeping

More
14 years 11 months ago #5835 by jsummers
Leaf Peeping was created by jsummers
Howdy, my wife & I are going to New England this Fall. We plan on mid Sept - early November. Most military campgrnds close 1 Oct -15 Oct. Are any of you out there New England locals who might advise us on favorite Campgrnds (commercial ones OK) that might be open after 1 Oct. We'll go as far north as the open campgrnds permit. If it gets bitterly cold early this fall, we'll leave. But we're hoping for a nice moderate October. Thnx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #5837 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re:Leaf Peeping
MCG = Fourth Cliff RV is open all year - south of Boston ... but they close off water and sewer in winter. Have electric on, and CTV -- and there's a small clubhouse.

MCG = Hanscomb AFB is open all year, and some have water and sewer and elect -- no CTV, but WIFI in CG West of Boston

MCG = Westover ARB is open year round, but can't say more as I have not been there. Mid-Mass area near Sturbridge ...

MCG = New Boston Rec in New Hampshire is seasonal - open to Columbus Day (?)

MCG = Great Pond in Maine - open all year ...

Check the State x State MCGs on this website - info about contact is there... some reservations, some not ...

I'll be around Cape Cod later in the year, lived in the area for a bunch years ... and would share a cup with you at any of these MCGs if I'm around when you come -- might be headed west by then though -- but they're open. If you want local info - PM me and I'll share what I know ... BD

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #5838 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re:Leaf Peeping
Beaver Dam Campground in Berwick, ME and Walnut Grove Campground in Alfred, ME are both in southern Maine and both will close on October, 12th. We have stayed at each of them and have found them to be very well run family owned Campgrounds just a little off the beaten path. They both offer 50 amp FHU sites and both are in a rural setting in the small farm lands of southern Maine.

FastEagle

p.s. The pix was taken at the Walnut Grove Campground. That's a 50 amp FHU back-in. As you can see it will fit just about any size rig as I'm 38'.

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by FastEagle.

More
14 years 11 months ago #5843 by Ed Kelly
Replied by Ed Kelly on topic Re:Leaf Peeping
This one is really great and you can't go much further north. Eric will even deliver cooked lobster to your door.

www.sunsetpointcampground.com/

Ed & Joan

More
14 years 10 months ago #5972 by jsummers
Replied by jsummers on topic Re:Leaf Peeping
Thnx to everyone. Great tips. Regards-

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds