northfolk, va.

More
15 years 10 months ago #3451 by lifermc
northfolk, va. was created by lifermc
hello,

my son will be stationed at northfolk, va. and i am wondering the best and cloest camp ground to the naval station. not sure about the area having never been there. looking at the directory there appears to be a number of places.

what would the group recommend?

thanks,

david
socal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #3459 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: northfolk, va.
David
Little Creek is a little cheaper and more woodsey, and Ocean Pins is more open and a little more pricy. Either are OK.
Frank

More
15 years 10 months ago #3460 by lifermc
Replied by lifermc on topic Re: northfolk, va.
are both these places close to the naval station? lot of traffic or easy drive?

thanks,

david
socal

More
15 years 10 months ago #3461 by jahinaz
Replied by jahinaz on topic Re: northfolk, va.
If your son will be in Norfolk, the best place to stay is the Little Creek NAB Campground. The Navy bases in Norfolk are large and spread out, so I can't promise that staying at Little Creek RV Park will be close to where he is, but it is the only military campground in the Norfolk area. Traffic in the "Hampton Roads" area is very unpredictable. Because of the many bridges and tunnels in the area, and random road construction, traffic can suddenly come to a halt for hours. I'm not kidding ... go to the bathroom before you drive anywhere. If you can't get in to Little Creek, stay at NAS Oceana Ocean Pines or Sea Mist, then keep calling Little Creek until they have an opening. Peggy at Little Creek will tell you when she expects a spot to open up for you ... just call her every day. Good Luck! Bring your driving patience, it's Crazy!

More
15 years 10 months ago #3462 by lifermc
Replied by lifermc on topic Re: northfolk, va.
thanks for the information. he graduates his "A" school the 19 on july and will know exactly where in the northfolk area he will be going.

david
socal

More
15 years 10 months ago #3463 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic Re: northfolk, va.

thanks for the information. he graduates his "A" school the 19 on july and will know exactly where in the northfolk area he will be going.

david
socal

Norfolk - not Northfork ;)

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds