Richmond Family, MWR RV Park Rate Increase

More
7 years 7 months ago #14955 by floridakamper
This park is a small (6 site) RV Park with water and electricity only on gravel sites. It's very close to I-95 in Richmond, Va. and great for an overnight or if you have a reason to be in Richmond. At $20 a night, I thought it was reasonably priced unless I compared it to Pelican Roost at $22 a night for a waterfront full hook up site on a concrete pad. I checked in today and was told on Oct 1st, it goes up to $35 a night. What ???? Almost doubling the price, what are they thinking? I've never seen more than 1 or two RV's here at a time. Maybe they want to raise the price to the point that nobody uses it and then close it for non utilization. I sure hope the base leadership and MWR Director re-evaluate this price increase.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #15129 by floridakamper
Just read a recent review and the price did go up to $35 a night for a W/E site. Trying to put themselves out of business.

More
7 years 4 months ago #15137 by belgique
That was my review. It just ain't worth $35. No on-site sewer. No wifi. Nothing on base except a tiny PX and gas station. It could be great,

More
7 years 4 months ago #15139 by floridakamper
I agree 100%. When we're going north or south we have stopped there for a night or two and it works well for that at $20 per night and I though even that was a little high for what you get. Your review was right on the money. I've had a reservation in the past and wondered what would prevent a "drive in" from taking the reserved spot. The gate guards this last trip told me they thought it was free.

More
6 years 8 months ago #16193 by floridakamper
Called to make a reservation at Richmond's W/E, 6 site campground today. Read a recent review that the poster said they paid $25 a night recently. I was told they did drop the price from $35 to $30. They said so few people use it they're hoping to make more $$ with the price increase. I asked how that was working. I was told I'll be the only person there on Friday night. And for the whole month of July they only had 5 paying customers. I suggested if they were not busy at $20 a night, and less business at $35 a night, maybe they're going in the wrong direction with pricing. Especially for a military campground without FHU's, no bath house and no laundry facilities.

More
6 years 8 months ago #16205 by The Roo
I had heard that a handful of guys were taking that place over for the weekends of the Nascar races and this way it was available for their limited usage. Or at least that was the goal.

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds