Camp Meade RV park no more discounts

More
11 years 1 week ago #11326 by LamSan
My comments here do not pertain to Ft. Meade but to the "sequestration" pit. We recently arrived at the NASJRB in Belle Chasse/New Orleans and here is what MWR has on the cover of the MWR Spotlights for April "Dear MWR Patron, Due to the severe loss of funding resulting from operating under a "Continuing Resolution" and the directed measures necessary to mitigate the possible implementation of "Sequestration", MWR has been ordered to take measures that will unfortunately, in some cases, negatively impact our delivery of programs and services. It then goes on to say many facilities will be changing hours of operation, services offered and/or increasing prices. Funds to repair or replace broken equipment will be limited to essential items. Closing sentence is hopefully funding will be restored in the near future to be able to reverse the actions taken.

First time we have seen this in writing so I guess my comment about no more doggie bags is not as funny as I thought it was. Now if I see anyone mowing the sand and dirt here (and there is a lawn mower and edger sitting under a tree) I may have to go on a "quest" and have my say about how to save money.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karylkoch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11327 by floridakamper
I was under the impression that sequestration impacted appropriated fund activities. Campgrounds come under MWR and are funded with non appropriated funds. Is sequestration just an excuse to cut services and raise prices?

More
11 years 1 week ago #11329 by Hudson1790
They are not separating the MWR repairs from other work orders. The money may come from another location but they are treating the process the same. Every item is put into 3 categories, Safety (critical), important and routine. I did not name the categories correctly you get the idea. The whole military base MWR program should be looked at by an outside source. The base is told to make cuts and eliminate programs that can not support their own. I did confirm ALL discounts are gone. They are also phasing out the GS positions in MWR as they retire.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11331 by monkey44
Everyone blames someone else or something else for lack of services. Sequestration is just one more reason to fail in services and blame it elsewhere.

It's become a catch-all phrase for everything that has anything to do with funding.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11332 by monkey44
AND, FT Meade should be bulldozed and the staff sent packing.

We stopped going to that MCG years ago, due to price and complete lack of service and rude staff. Haven't been there in years and will never go back.

More
11 years 1 week ago #11333 by Kokomo36
I just want to say that we stayed at Ft. Meade in the Fall and will stay again this May. The cost is higher than normal but can be mitigated by opting for a back-in site. The office is the main MWR office so you are dealing with people responsible for many things other than just the RV Park. I found some just pure business and others a pleasure to talk to. never had a problem...

We are from the Baltimore area and there are very few RV Parks in the area and they are all expensive. I for one, hope they DO NOT bulldoze the Park.

Time to create page: 0.436 seconds