Fourth Cliff Rec Area Update

More
11 years 9 months ago #10317 by clark001
I have reservations for a stay at Fourth Cliff September 10-16. I made the reservations via phone - Pam picked up on the first ring, was very courteous and professional, and had my reservation booked within minutes. A confirming e-mail arrived within 10 minutes. Considering the other comments here, and never having been to this facility previously, I'll make a point of updating this forum after our stay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10345 by kcid
Even with the area in it's current condition, this place is truly one of the area's best kept secrets. I love the fact that it is there for us, and yes we should all be using it. I didn't go there for the commissary or the exchange, I went there for what 4th cliff is, a true get away.

I voiced my concerns about security to the manager, and he informed me that there had been money ear marked for an electronic gate system, however, from what he told me, they decided to install that at the campground @ Hanscom. I have been to Hanscom a few times recently, and there is no electronic gate there either.

4th Cliff is wide open and the locals are constantly coming in, parking onsite and using the beach. I spoke to quite a few of them, trying to inform them that they were trespassing on a federal installation and in such, breaking the law. Some left, some had other things to say. Basically, a little more security is a must. One night I was returning to the site, and the gate was closed. I called the office, and asked if it was supposed to be closed. I called the office, and the young lady on the phone said "It doesn't matter, either way". I closed the gate behind me. When I told the manager about this, he did get rather upset. He seems a bit frustrated with the support he's been getting from his superiors trying to get the facility updated and run properly.

As a retired military member, I feel this facility belongs to us. If we don't write letters and make calls, we are going to loose it. It really is a secret. I grew up only 20 miles from 4th cliff, and when I retired from the Navy, I drove truck, making deliveries to the boat yards, even on the same street, and NEVER knew it existed. I know it's there now, and plan on going as much as I can, and every time I go through the gate, I am closing it behind me. You should too.

More
11 years 7 months ago #10470 by bstrauss
I had same results with my reservations. We are scheduled for 20-25 sept. please post your experience. We are scheduled for rev site 2.

Time to create page: 0.379 seconds