Hanscom Famcamp improvements

More
8 years 11 months ago #13695 by CapeCodBob
Work has started on the site being upgraded to 50amp. Trenches dug and pipes in and filled trenches. It seems as though they only have 3-4 men working here and have started work on all phases and finished none.
Actually the place looks dumpy. I am not impressed with the company. They are doing the work , but with little manpower.

The available sites are filling up and some are passing thru on their way to other areas. Plenty of room right now.

BUY AMERICAN KEEP AMERICANS WORKING

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #13736 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Hanscom Famcamp improvements
So if you are still at Hanscom how is it now? We will be there in about 2 weeks. Hoping things are somewhat better.. Thanks for your updates.

More
8 years 11 months ago #13738 by CapeCodBob
Work is progresing at a snails pace.Seems as though there was an engineering error on the amount of amps required and the electrical work has been halted. All the pipes are in in the respective sites just no wire and no new transformers. The water supply lines appear to be in. The sewage lines are completein the area by the volly court and are being used/occupied at this time. NONE of the sites in front of the office are open. No electric. The plug ins are installed, just need wire.
The foundation for the new pavillion is in and the new tent pads are almost complete.
There are usually only 2-4 men working here. Lots of stone dust has been lugged in here for the added road and sites. There is a lot of dust here anyway and with the equipment running back and forth it is a nuisince. There are maybe 2 FHU's left and plenty of W/E open. Shaded and quieter then out front.
There is also a couple of turkeys around and I saw a deer a couple days ago.

The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

More
8 years 7 months ago #13924 by CapeCodBob
Well it has been a long hot summer and sparodic work here. However , despite that work is nearing completion. All the work on added sites is complkete. Hydroseeded and just need to remove fence and turn on the juice. All the sites where added 50amp has been finished for several weeks but not open yet ???
The added openair building is almost finished. I call iy the fort because of the significant structure. LOL Rumor has it that $350,000 of the total $750,000 went into it. Cannot be true! But who knows. There is NO transparency , no updates , just rumors.

I worked in construction for years and I would be embarressed if this were my project.
Sorry to say that but that's how I feel.

The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, carrollg

More
7 years 11 months ago #14726 by CapeCodBob
OK, all work completed and open. Official ribbon cutting ceremony was the 26th.There are plenty of open sites right now. I exspect they will be filling up as the schools let out and the tourists start coming here.

This si a destination Famcamp. IMHO

More
5 years 11 months ago #16641 by eagle43056
I am working on getting reservations for next month at Hanscom famcmap. I found out there is currently no running water to the RV sites. Fill your tank before going...

www.hanscomfss.com/fourth-cliff This is the correct web site for the camp ground.

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds