Hanscom Famcamp improvements

More
9 years 5 months ago #13247 by CapeCodBob
A big pile of money is going to be spent upgrading and improving and adding on here. Work has already started. New roof on the office, adding sewage to 6 50amp sites across from bath house,all 30amp sites up graded to 50amp, creating 6 new fhu sites in the overflow field and building a new pavillion / lounge of some sort. Probably with open sides. I am not exactly sure about the pavillion design.

BUY AMERICAN KEEP AMERICANS WORKING
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf, Ed Kelly, carrollg, Kokomo36, dhwarner54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #13249 by monkey44
About time -- that place has needed improvements for quite a while ... I like it anyway, and have spent many, many, many days there at all times of the year (open all year, even NE Winter :)

Glad to see it upgrade -- hope they upgrade the showers - really needs it. I like the fact it has pads in front for the 'big rigs' and a woodsy part in the side -- great atmosphere for camping, and close to all the NE East attractions ...

More
9 years 5 months ago #13263 by Sarge3398
"and close to all the NE East attractions ... "

Boston is an attraction? :whistle:

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
9 years 5 months ago #13264 by monkey44
Yes, John, lots of history around here, in case you missed it when you were a little boy. Revolutionary War, ?? Remember it, or were you too young? Good base camp for much of NE -- Good stopover fro heading up to Maine too ...

BTW: Where are you guys? You home, or still out batting around?? We're in Gainesville, and will be in JAX next week. Heading west end of Feb -- we keep missing you all !!

More
9 years 5 months ago #13266 by Sarge3398
Wayyyy too young for that one Monkey. That was YOUR war. :laugh:

Did all the history stuff when I was stationed up there on a 3 year recruiting tour. :sick:

I'm home for the holidays right now and I haven't made my mind up when I'm leaving this year. I'm looking at heading out west too this year.

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #13622 by CapeCodBob
Well then snow has finally melted away and they are starting to get moving again on the upgrade.
So far before the snow flew they managed to make a good mess of things.

They have dug up the field fo the new sites and have gotten the sewer lines in.
They had to close off the sites in the front row (6) and are still closed.

They have gotten in the sewer lines for the 6 sites across from the campfire area.
They have done a little work where the Pavillion is going.

No work has been done on the 30 amp sites.

Also the Army Corp of E. are here today to start replacing more of the power line ploes.
Most of the FHU site taht are open are occupied today. I'd say maybe 4 are available.
We had about 12-13 winter residents with a mix of active duty, base workers,homesteaders, and retirees that couldn't go south for one reson or another.

I would have to say that from what I see happening, this work will not be finished in time for the opening season.

There are plenty of site with 50amp and water that can be used.

A pic of blizzard aftermath. The first 33 inches of the 110 inches we got this season. Of all the winters I had to stay up north !?!

So, I just posted and no less then SEVEN post diggers ACE , one with a traile, 2 humvees, and another desert storm type vehicle showed up with a buch of soldiers to replace the poles this weekend.
I assume they are reservists qualified to do the work.

Plenty of bodies and equipment. No ploes yet though. The military way. HOORAAH.

BUY AMERICAN KEEP AMERICANS WORKING
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by CapeCodBob. Reason: add on

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds