An area for new users to tell us about yourself. Welcome!

Canadian Vet, advice on U.S. Military Campgrounds

More
7 years 9 months ago #14787 by Squirrel
Hello all, new user Squirrel, retired O-3 from Canada, my wife is a retired Spec-5, also canadian.
We've decided to try & embrace the snowbirding lifestyle, & explore as much of CONUS during what is sometimes a nasty winter season for us. Any thoughts, suggestions, advice that anyone would like to impart?
We'd like to be able use the available RV parks, looking at the priority lists, indicates we would be well down the list, by my understanding. Thanks for all responses.
Take care, hope to see you soon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #14790 by dubob
When I worked at Hill AFB, UT, we used to get visits from Canadian Military and Civil Servants occasionally. For them to gain access to the base, they had to coordinate their visit through the Embassy and get an approved letter of authorization. While Canada is definitely one of our allies, Canadian citizens are still considered foreign nationals in the US, and as such are not normally authorized access to US Military Bases without the letter of authorization. Unless that has changed in the last decade, I would have to say that you will probably not be able to use any of our FamCamps located on the base proper. A few FamCamps are located outside the fence and may have different entry restrictions. To be sure, I would suggest you contact the US Dept of Defense for the definitive answer.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds