An area for new users to tell us about yourself. Welcome!

New to site

More
9 years 1 month ago #13602 by Wildernesswomen Adventures
:)

Bought a new to us unit that hauls what we need, we are ready for Adventure.

Looking for info or direction on site to Campgrounds with Vet discounts, not base campgrounds. More out of the way mom & pop places. Is there one thread about these type of campgrounds?

Thanks, Appreciate any help!

"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." John Burroughs

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #13603 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic New to site
I cannot think of a thread about these type of campgrounds specifically but someone else probably will. You could try going into the Army Corps of Engineers Campgrounds and see what might interest you state by state. State Parks or National Parks might meet your needs and most Atlases will list them for you. Good luck and hope you enjoy your new adventures.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wildernesswomen Adventures

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #13604 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic New to site
Wilderness Woman, I think you need to post this question in another area to maybe get a better response. But in general, if you join the good sam club at their affiliated parks you can get a discount, KOA has a card also and offers a discount (but you purchase the card 1st), and I know the KOA in Van Horne Tx offers the KOA and a MIL Discount at same time.

Generally we use the KOA, may be a few $ extra, but they have standards that have to be met and we have over the years only encountered 1 that was (now no longer associated) at minimal to the standards. However, with that said their customer service was great. Some mom-pop places have been good, but we have encountered few if any mil discounts.

Go down and look at the free and no cost forum. There are some links to amer legion, vfw camprgounds as well as some city county ones also.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Hank85713.

More
9 years 4 weeks ago #13612 by Tarheel06
Replied by Tarheel06 on topic New to site
Good Sam camping world site has all campgrounds, rated, shows all discounts, etc...
Toni, spouse unit,,

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds