An area for new users to tell us about yourself. Welcome!

FIRST RV PURCHASED !!!

More
9 years 1 month ago #13534 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic FIRST RV PURCHASED !!!
JCSme - I have wondered what happened to you, and your plans to buy your first RV and to retire! Congratulations on your purchase – I think you made a very good choice. When do you start drawing your retirement pension, or has that also already happened?
Master Chief, I wish you all the best on your travels. Hopefully we will meet up with you along the way.
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #13537 by Tarheel06
Replied by Tarheel06 on topic FIRST RV PURCHASED !!!
Great! We have just committed as well, purchased Fleetwood as well, Bounder36e, and took our first short trip to see grandaughter high jump at college. It was great experience, can't wait for longer one to come....

More
9 years 1 month ago #13564 by JCSme2008
Replied by JCSme2008 on topic FIRST RV PURCHASED !!!
LamSan,

Yes she is clean outside, inside, top to bottom. No sign of wear, lots of upgrades, new tires, new batteries, excellent seals, no leaks, etc. etc. The RV was kept in a garage. Private purchase was better than Dealership. Me and wife are in heaven.

2005 FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 38U

More
9 years 1 month ago #13565 by JCSme2008
John,

Retirement pension has been pushed to the right. I was recently selected for CWO3 this FY. Commissioning ceremony is in October.

The following user(s) said Thank You: stanbnv

More
9 years 1 month ago #13566 by JCSme2008
To All,

Thank you for all the welcomes. Our first trip is local this weekend at Midway RV Park in Millington, TN. This will get us familiar with all the bells and whistles. Next will be Easter Weekend at Natchez Trace State Park in TN. Next will be Memorial Weekend at Hot Springs National Park KOA in AK. Next will be 4th of July Weekend at Pelican Roost in Mayport, FL.

So we got plans B)

More
9 years 1 month ago #13567 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic FIRST RV PURCHASED !!!
Hey JCSme2008 good to plan on your trips a couple months in advance and get those reservations in as soon as you can. Doing weekend trips is a perfect way to test all systems in the RV and deciding where you want to put everything inside and in storage underneath so it is convenient. We just might see you at Pelican Roost the 4th of July weekend and both of you will love it there. FYI when you go there be sure and go into the small town of Mayport out the back gate and visit the Coast Guard Station and you can eat there and go to Safe Harbor Seafood or Singletons as the seafood does not get much fresher from them. In case you have not done so yet read the glowing reviews on Pelican Roost too.

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds