An area for new users to tell us about yourself. Welcome!

New Here

More
9 years 10 months ago #12924 by timavary
New Here was created by timavary
I found this site last year, but I didn't realize there was a forum until today. We are somewhat new to RVing and have yet to stay at a military base facility. DW (Da Wife) and I are trying to see some of this great country that we missed back in my active duty days, and those days since. I retired in '88 and then again in '08, so as a double retiree we are using the recently acquired motorhome as much as we can.
We plan a trip from here in NC to Alaska next summer and thus looking at the available military campsites we stumbled across this website.
Tim,,,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12926 by Kokomo36
Replied by Kokomo36 on topic New Here
Glad you found us... I have been using this site for years. Finding Military Campgrounds is a high priority, and the map and chart of facilities clearly help. After that, the reviews and the entrance tips often save a lot of time and problems. Good luck on your adventure!

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #12927 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic New Here
Alaska trip is a great idea, we did it in 2012. Stayed at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson in Anchorage twice(trying both the Elmendorf & Richardson campgrounds)and Seward Military Resort.

Book to get is "Traveler's Guide to Alaskan Camping" ( Traveler's Guide to Alaskan Camping - Alaskan & Yukon Camping with RV or Tent ). Has great recommendations for campgrounds and itinerary. Milepost is helpful, but you need to keep in mind that the places listed in Milepost write their own entries.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Joe & Barb

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by cdrcos.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12928 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic New Here
Welcome to the neighborhood Tim. This website is an amazing resource for us. We're presently at Naval Weapon's Station Earle, Colts Neck New Jersey. If you get in this area it's a good spot especially when compared to commercial campgrounds in this neck of the woods. We'll be heading across country and the info here will help us plan our stops at the famcamps we get close to. Don't forget to purchase the directory you can download to your computer. Helpful when you don't have an internet connection and it helps support this website. Safe travels

Time to create page: 0.392 seconds