Is Oklahoma OK?

More
13 years 3 months ago #8092 by krashking
Replied by krashking on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?
Oklahoma is Great!! Hot in the summer though!!
We have stayed at Tinker in OKC -- you need to make reservations though-- one night in October - we had to stay in overflow. Spring and Fall are great times to come to Oklahoma. Lots of Lakes in Oklahoma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #11659 by linn
Replied by linn on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?
There is a small camp at the Army plant in McAlester , used to be a Navy Ammo depot. has a nice fishing lake and in a area that is close to a lot of local attractions. But be forewarned the plant blows up ammo at least once a day and it shakes the houses and the surrounding towns. first time I heard it went looking for a hole to climb into thought it was incoming
Semper Fi

More
10 years 10 months ago #11660 by cdbbdc
Replied by cdbbdc on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?
:laugh:

More
10 years 10 months ago #11666 by kschultz
Replied by kschultz on topic Re: Is Oklahoma OK?
The southeastern part of Oklahoma would suprise you. It is the Quachita mountain range and very pretty. I know I live there between the Kiamichi and Winding Stair mountains. Its one of the best kept secrets of Oklahoma. Most people relate the northern and western part of Oklahmoma to a dust bowl and dreary but you would be suprised about this area. Just my opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old Shirt

More
10 years 9 months ago #11887 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?

krashking wrote: Oklahoma is Great!! Hot in the summer though!!
We have stayed at Tinker in OKC -- you need to make reservations though-- one night in October - we had to stay in overflow. Spring and Fall are great times to come to Oklahoma. Lots of Lakes in Oklahoma.

I noticed on an Internet search for the Tinker FamCamp that they DO NOT take reservations and then saw this post by krashking. So I called the FamCamp host and found out that they DO NOT take reservations and are likely going to be full in late September and early October when we will be there. The host STRONGLEY suggested making a reservation at an RV park off base and then cancel that if we arrive and find an opening at the FamCamp.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

More
10 years 1 month ago #12645 by bayou316
Replied by bayou316 on topic Is Oklahoma OK?
I just spent a week at Tinker AFB FamCamp. Pretty tight getting your coach in but it can be done. Roads are paved throughout the camp. Fantastic camp hosts. Best I have met to date.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds