Is Oklahoma OK?

More
14 years 9 months ago #6162 by cdbbdc
Is Oklahoma OK? was created by cdbbdc
Has anybody been to Oklahoma?
It's not one of the more popular states and I don't recall a lot about it across the internet.
We want to hit it on our trip next year, but am not sure where to go to make it worth while.
Any suggestions? :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6166 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?
Like you, I have never done more than pass through OK, however last winter on our way to TX, we stayed one night at Ft. Sill.

The campground was nice and located on a small lake (reservoir)in a hilly area. It was very windy at that time.

While there we did learn a little about Ft. Sill, in that is was the primary post where the "battle" against the Indians was staged and initiated. Geronimo was being held there when he died. He was buried there at the Apache Indian Prisoner of War Cemetery. They have at least one museum and many of the old buildings from that period. We thought that it may be worth a stop there for a few days to see more of the sights there.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
14 years 9 months ago - 14 years 9 months ago #6167 by Martin64
Replied by Martin64 on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?
I was at Camp Gruber, near Ft. Gibson, years ago to help train some Guardsmen. It was a pretty area (from what I remember) but the humidity was some of the worse I'd ever been in. I wasn't into rv'ing then so I didn't see the rv park. But here's the link to the BlackHawk CG
www.militarycampgrounds.us/index.php?opt...iew&id=174&Itemid=38
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by Martin64.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 9 months ago #6169 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?
We stayed at Tinker Famcamp in 2003 and found plenty to do in the area. The highlight of the trip was in Oklahoma City of the Memorial Museum of the 95' bombing of the A.P. Murrah Federal Building. We spent about 4 hours there and it was a very moving experience.

The Botonical Gardens in Ok. City were also quite different from others we have seen if you do those types of things.

FAMCAMP had nice sites and good hook-ups and if you are fishermen there are two fishing ponds.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6171 by MotorSarge
Replied by MotorSarge on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?
I've been stationed twice at Fort Sill, I still go back to camp there, very nice when it's not windy.

MS

"MotorSarge"

More
14 years 8 months ago #6189 by pdhardin
Replied by pdhardin on topic Re:Is Oklahoma OK?
MotorSarge....What's up brother? I will be at Tinker in August on my way to Santa Fe. How was Tulsa??

Road Dog

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds