Ellsworth?

More
10 years 8 months ago #11959 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Ellsworth?
No HP water that I've noticed ...
Entry:
Several gates, but only the main gate is open all hours - the other gates close frequently.

This MCG is pretty clean, showers clean and well maintained far as we can tell, and the pads well built - FHU unless full, then overflow with E only. I'm not sure where the info came from about staff, but so far (only here twice) we got taken care of right away both times. And we got here when it was full, but next day, had a site when several left. Seems like this is a stopover heading elsewhere and we're noticing folks arriving and departing ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #11993 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Ellsworth?
Since there was some confusion on which gate could a/o should be used to get to the FamCamp, I wrote to the Commander’s Action Line for the answer. I received an answer this morning and have the permission of the Commander to post that answer here. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your question concerning our FAMCAMP at Ellsworth AFB. Here are the hours on our gates if you would like to share with the military campground site:

Personal RVs are welcome to use any gate on Ellsworth AFB they choose, whether entering or exiting the installation. The Liberty Gate is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Patriot Gate (inbound traffic) is open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Patriot Gate (outbound traffic) is open 8 a.m. to 2:30 and again 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. On early release days for the Douglas School District, the Patriot gate will be open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. The Bismarck Gate (commonly referred to as the commercial gate) is open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. One note of caution on use of the Patriot Gate: There's a tight right hand turn to get to the FamCamp when you enter the installation. If you're towing another vehicle with your rig, consider using the Liberty or Bismarck Gate.

Again, thank you for your question and I hope you have some time to visit our FAMCAMP…great place to visit in the Summer.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

More
10 years 7 months ago #11994 by seadog
Replied by seadog on topic Ellsworth?
Guys,
Just left Ellsworth. Use the Patriot Gate, it's the closest to the FAMCAMP. Easy entry, straight through, no barriers to wind around and puts you right at the FAMCAMP.

Jim

More
10 years 7 months ago #11995 by rvgrammy1953
Replied by rvgrammy1953 on topic Ellsworth?

dubob wrote: Since there was some confusion on which gate could a/o should be used to get to the FamCamp, I wrote to the Commander’s Action Line for the answer. I received an answer this morning and have the permission of the Commander to post that answer here. I hope this helps.

Thank you for your question concerning our FAMCAMP at Ellsworth AFB. Here are the hours on our gates if you would like to share with the military campground site:

Personal RVs are welcome to use any gate on Ellsworth AFB they choose, whether entering or exiting the installation. The Liberty Gate is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Patriot Gate (inbound traffic) is open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Patriot Gate (outbound traffic) is open 8 a.m. to 2:30 and again 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. On early release days for the Douglas School District, the Patriot gate will be open 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. The Bismarck Gate (commonly referred to as the commercial gate) is open Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. One note of caution on use of the Patriot Gate: There's a tight right hand turn to get to the FamCamp when you enter the installation. If you're towing another vehicle with your rig, consider using the Liberty or Bismarck Gate.

Again, thank you for your question and I hope you have some time to visit our FAMCAMP…great place to visit in the Summer.

Thanks for taking that extra step on this....Had the same confusion last year when we were out there....So now we all know and will hold them to this directive.... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge3398

More
10 years 7 months ago #12065 by campgrandma
Replied by campgrandma on topic Ellsworth?
We stayed at Ellsworth Aug. 26-Sept. 2 in the new section. We went through Patriot Gate right at the Famcamp most of the time. It does close early and on weekends. Amy, the new Office Manager, is EXCELLENT!! She was very friendlyand informative. One of the best we have met.

They have added several new sites in the new section which will be open for use next season, with room for several more. Amy has great plans for the Famcamp...IF she can get approval. We had a great time.

More
10 years 7 months ago #12069 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Ellsworth?
A little follow up on this one. We arrived a few weeks ago on a Sunday, had a difficult time finding the ONE gate that was open - no signs. So, we ended up driving completely around the base and found several gates closed. BUT, finally located the main gate. Most gates are closed except certain hours, even during the week.

MCG is pretty easy to enter, but is a little tight inside - not a big deal though. And, Amy was helpful and right on, has plans for expansion and a rec room if she gets the funding. She lives local and works for MWR, not directly for the FamCamp -

MCG has several sections, a back-in section and a pull-thru section ... well kept, pretty clean. Also has an overflow section, like a parking lot with power pedestal and not water. Works for an overnight in a pinch.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds