Real Camping !!

More
16 years 11 months ago #936 by monkey44
Real Camping !! was created by monkey44
like to take a minute here and state my position regarding military campgrounds -- apparently a few have misinterpreted a couple things I said...

First, I like all MCG's regardless of how well they're run -- why is that ?? Camping with my military brothers and sisters tops the list. Security and usually convenience to the other facilities, commissary and BX, Gym, hiking trails, etc... adds to that enjoyment.

When I began camping (50 years or more ago) my set-up was a tent, sometimes even just on the ground with a sleeping bag and a backpack with a few edibles, and a canteen for water -- I hiked the back-country of California where I grew up. ANYTHING more than that is a step up and simply enjoyed if it happens to be there. I don't camp for the emenities, I camp for the outdoors and the pure love of nature.

We had a veteran jump in here pretty negatively a few days ago, and I responded with what I considered a "joke" -- send him to D.C. to represent us. Nothing could be farther from my reality ... so, please take that comment as it was meant -- "tongue in cheek".

And, for those of you that find the MWR facilities lacking, please don't use them, because that will allow those of us that do enjoy them more access. If any of you have a plan that will actually work to "up-grade" the facilities, please bring it forward and ask for our help. Simply complaining about something with no solution lacks the fundamental requirements to solve the problem. Remember who we are, and that we are a group that gets the job done - always !!

SO, from here on out, I'd like everyone to understand that I'll camp anywhere the military offers a 10x20 spot of ground and be thankful for it - anything beyond bare ground is just "gravy". That's the reason I'm now self-contained ... and by the way, I always carry a tent and sleeping bag with me, just in case that's all I can find. M44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #937 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Real Camping !!
Well said, I could not agree more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.415 seconds