New Member introduction

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #675 by Free2RV
Replied by Free2RV on topic Re: New Member introduction
[glow=red,2,300]Hello[/glow]

My wife Vicki and I are pretty new to the site, and as a matter of fact it kinda bothers me to see "newbe" under my name, so I guess I'll have to be active enough to change that.

We are not full timers, but what we call "extended travel - rvers".

In 2005 we left California and visited Yellowstone, Bryce Canyon, Zion, The Grand Canyon, and finally left our wages in Nevada.

In 2006 we traveled extensively across the U.S. for three and a half months, during which we stayed almost exclusively in Military FamCamps.

So far in 2007 we have spent seven weeks rv'ing throughout Southern Calif, AZ, and Nevada. We will be leaving for the Northwest when we get back from Hawaii on June 1st.

I love the forums on this site, and appreciate the efforts of Larry, even though he would not let me hitch hike on his satellite system while at Pt. Mugu.

Free2RV
free2rv.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1165 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: New Member introduction
Howdy folks I'm Juan aka Nomads. This's my second year fulltiming and lovin it.
I'm Nam vet retired 100% First Cav(Airmobile)Div.Ankhe,VN. class of 66.
Jannet my copilot and 35' Georgie Boy Pursuit & Jeep Liberty.toad.

Larry this is an awesome site, Thanks.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1166 by oldchief46
Just wanted to chime in here. I'm not new to the site but fairly new to the forums. (Still have Newbie by my name.)
We are Rick & Joanne and have a stick house in Oklahoma that we visit occasionally. After doing 8+ years active Navy (USN, Temac, TAR) I finished out my 27 years in the reserve side. Retired in '93 as Chief Yeoman.

We are out and about in an 07 Monaco Cayman. Been RVing since '97 when we bought a used Georgie Boy. In 01 traded for a Monaco LaPalma (gas) and last October moved up to diesel. We travel with our two best friends, Brandi Jane and Buddy Joe, our mini schnauzers.

We have used several FamCamps and really enjoy them. Will be at Ellworth AFB in South Dakota next month for a couple of weeks. If you are around and see a Cayman being pushed along by a tan Chevy HHR then you have found us.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
15 years 10 months ago #3420 by MSgtK
Replied by MSgtK on topic Re: New Member introduction
I am a recently retired MSgt who purchased my first RV in Dec 07 and completed my first voyage 2 weeks ago. B+ is a killer size for fulltiming which I will do after my VA claim comes thru :) I travel with Mickey, my Quaker parrott who loves the road and camping even more than I do, if that were possible.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3747 by mruss66
Replied by mruss66 on topic Re: New Member introduction
Hello! I am very new to this site and need some info.!!! My husband and I and sons plan on greeting our oldest son David whom is Stationed at Ft. Polk and will be coming back from Iraq Next March!!! We are from the State of OHIO and we are considered a Family who roughs it out in the Woods, camping with Tent and all that goes with it! Any suggestions on Great Camping sites etc. Thank you very much and I am so pleased I found this Website! mruss66

More
15 years 9 months ago #3748 by utmtman
Replied by utmtman on topic Re: New Member introduction
Welcome to the forum. But I cannot help you with the camping problem, not familiar with the Polk area.

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds