The Commissary - It’s worth the trip

More
15 years 7 months ago #4271 by Bob Vaughn
>:(The commissary's had better prices when they were run by the services that they served....Once they went DOD things went down hill....I used to do all my shopping at the commissary and never had to go to other stores...when dod took over the selection was smaller and the sizes were changed....I ended up going to outside stores to finish my grocery shopping...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4275 by cheldreth
While I have not done a lot of comparison shopping, I believe that the savings in the commissary are significant. One of the bennies is the carton sale just completed in our commissary. The savings on soft drinks alone was startling.

We also shop at Sams and WalMart but the produce is significantly cheaper and the quality appears to be the same.

We know that after all of our groceries have been rung up at the commissary, it is apparent to us that we are saving money.

I prefer to shop as much as I can on base simply because I know that some of what I spend there gets put back into the programs on the base that support service people.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds