Military Campground Advisory Council

More
15 years 11 months ago #3324 by FastEagle
For karylkoch: Sometimes in our haste we do not research from a-z....I was the one that started the post on “Homesteading”.

For cheldreth: I’ve done some extensive research on MWR and have just scratched the surface. This I can tell you. DoD has mandated that each service is responsible for the day to day operation of it’s own MWR programs. The Army & Navy documents are easy to find but not so easy to disseminate. You can go nuts trying to figure out how the AF runs it’s programs. The bottom line is wherever a MDR program is found the base commander is responsible for it’s existence. Most of the folks in this forum are very experienced in the daily routine of military organizations and know that when there is a problem you go to the root of the problem to solve it. ICE (look it up) will work. So will writing the base commander a letter. Put it in a point paper format with any supporting documentation. I’ve only been to about 65 military campgrounds but that’s enough to know that the manager of Fort Bliss RV Park would not have a clue as to how to run Short Stay.

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #3325 by cheldreth
Fast Eagle:

I am well aware of ICE. I am currently a campground host at a very large Marine Corps Recreation Center at Camp Lejeune. I am also aware of the work that you have done. That is why I mentioned the work that you have done in my last reply. I was in no way trying to imply that your work was not valuable. Your posts have helped me on several occasions.

Please do not assume that because I have so few posts that I am clueless. I have visited this site at least once a day and many times several times ago for the the years that I have been a member here. I saw an opportunity to build on what we have seen as persistent problems.

One person may not accomplish nearly as much as a group of committed people.

If there is no interest in pursuing this, I will gladly go away until the next time the spirit moves me.

Since you are the expert, maybe you should take the lead in this. I will gladly defer to you.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

More
15 years 11 months ago #3327 by Sandman
Curt,
You bring up good points.

Wish all FamCamps were as nice as Onslow Beach.. (Bridge Maintenance fouled up our spring visit)

Keep Onslow Beach the great place that it is..

Joe

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds