Savannah Campground

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 7 months ago #1865 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Savannah Campground
RVgrammy
Thanks for the new Ft Stewart info. Just talked to them, and it looks very good.
I also did not have the new number, but do now.
Thanks a bunch.
Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #1870 by rvgrammy1953
Frank....you are very welcome!!! Glad I could help....

More
16 years 5 months ago #2166 by llshaw
Replied by llshaw on topic Re: Savannah Campground
I have heard Ft Stewart CG is a tight fit for larger rigs. Has anyone stayed there lately? Also, we stayed at Kings Bay over Labor Day this year. It is nice but during hot weather the mosquitos will carry you away. We have also stayed at the Richmond Hill KOA but as stated it is pricey. There is also a campground in Darien which is about 30-45 minutes further down I-95. It is privately owned and very nice and clean. Outlet mall across the street. For anyone staying in Savannah, make sure you try Love's Seafood in Richmond Hill. It is fantastic!!!!

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 5 months ago #2175 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Savannah Campground

I have heard Ft Stewart CG is a tight fit for larger rigs.

The spots there are plenty large enough for ANY rig. The concern is the dump station. It is at a kinda "V" shaped angle to get into and out. We didn't use it as we only stayed a week and save the "stuff" for dumping at our next stop. I can see where this would be a challenge to someone with a large rig and does not have a spouse to help guide you in and out.
Happy Trails
Frank

More
16 years 5 months ago #2199 by OurVee
Replied by OurVee on topic Re: Savannah Campground
We just spent 2 days at the Ft. Stewart CG(one day going up 11-26-07, one on the way back home 12-06-07). The sites are large enough for our 37 footer to be backed in with ease and spaced far apart. The dump station was used on the return trip and also wide enough to easily swing the MH into and drive right out. This is a wonderfully quiet CG. The bath house was SPOTLESS(and heated!!)and the hosts were very nice people. There were also several open sites, and a large area for tents that was empty and might be available for dry camping-ask. The road to the cg is now paved but narrows to one way traffic at each end of the pond. Please yeild to traffic already on this 'road' as backing up would not be 'fun'. We plan on returning to this cg with it as a destination instead of just a stop.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2697 by Blackhorse
Replied by Blackhorse on topic Re: Savannah Campground

Kings Bay Georgia has a great MCG, somewhat south of Savannah, so it's a drive to get there, but probably worth it. The CG is $17 a night, full hooks, everything -- well kept and about three years old. Even the overflow has everything but sewer ... and last year they talked about expanding and adding another 30 or so sites ... may have already done that, but Kings Bay is one of the best military CG's I've ever seen. I stay every time I pass through that area ...

FYI....Although it is a very nice MCG, it is at least a 2 hour drive, one way, from Kings Bay to downtown Savannah.

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds