Canadian Military U.S.Campgrounds

More
6 years 2 months ago #16532 by Mountie
Don't wish to re-ignite the discussion on the issue of Canadian Military and any exceptions to the US Standing Orders but I think that there is likely another authority acting on behalf of two close friends. I'm an injured former military and I remember informing our Dept.of Veterans Affairs that I was going to spend a Winter in Arizona and asked what will I do if I need further meds. The response didn't really surprise me but the message was that Canada and the US have reciprocal programs for treating their injured. In short a US VA and a Canadian VA are treated as one regardless of their origin. I only mention this not to be adversarial but to suggest that if both sides are being respected for their service and injuries and both serve in exchange roles that would not exist outside our two country's , NORAD being one of them than I think there are reasons for the no discrimination dialogue either way and wouldn't campingbe a great way to say thank you to each other in a special way that only veterans of a common bond understands. There is a large Monument on the border between Washington State and British Columbia that says it all.
. The inscription on the U.S. side of the Peace Arch reads "Children of a common mother", and the words on the Canadian side read "Brethren dwelling together in unity".Years 1914".
Thank you, and I'm enjoying reading all of your comments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds