Inexpensive Campgrounds

More
15 years 6 months ago #4302 by Big John
I don't know if this is appropriate for this particular area, but here goes. If inexpensive is what you may be looking for; I have found that NPS, COE, NWR, BLM, NFS and others offer 1/2 off with the new America the Beautiful Senior Access Pass (Formerly the Golden Age Pass)on any of the federally managed properties. This amounts to about $6 - $17 per night depending on amenities. This is about the same for MWR and FAMCAMP sites. This Senior Access Pass costs only $10, and is good for a lifetime. For me, it is a God-send for affordable camping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #4403 by rwarner11
We are 56 and intend to hit the road following the sale of our home next Spring (April). We are interested in low cost places to stay so we are learning all we can about low cost places. I don't believe we qualify as a senior yet, but purchase the yearly membership does that qualify us?

Thanks
Randy and Pam
www.warnerrvnews.blogspot.com

More
15 years 6 months ago #4404 by Mustang03
Here's the NPS web site describing the various passes. www.nps.gov/fees_passes.htm

The annual pass does not get you the half-price camping discount. For that you must be 62 -or- be drawing a disability payment from someone. As little as 10% from the VA will get you the Access Pass for free. State parks, for the most part, have a higher bar for granting a disability pass and you will have to check all of them on an individual basis to see if you qualify. Most, but not all, require you to be a resident of their state to qualify for a pass.

Here's another resource for free/low-cost camping: www.freecampgrounds.com/
Some of the sites listed may no longer be active, but we have checked out several places on this list and found it to be a pretty good resource.

B.N. Lavender
Capt. (LDO) USMC (Ret.)
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

More
15 years 6 months ago #4405 by rwarner11
Thanks for the info. We will have to check it out!

Randy
www.warnerrvnews.blogspot.com

More
15 years 5 months ago #4565 by gbherman
go to freecampgrounds.com listing from all states of cheap or free campgrounds

More
15 years 4 months ago #4787 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re: Inexpensive Campgrounds
Maryland State Parks also offer 1/2 price for oldsters..

www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/goldenage.html

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds