Washer/Dryer Combo

More
13 years 10 months ago #7483 by dbert513
Replied by dbert513 on topic Re:Washer/Dryer Combo
Thanks for all the great words. We ended up going with the Splendide 2100 and are very satisfied! It does shake the rig a bit with it's 1200RPM spin cycle, but well worth the shaking not to have to go to the laundromat. It took a buddy and I about 4 hours to install, but as we were pushing the unit into the very small closet, I discovered we COULD'VE taken the shelf above the unit out and had LOADS more room to maneuver and save about 90 minutes and a trip to Home Depot. Live and learn...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7492 by Neil
Replied by Neil on topic Re:Washer/Dryer Combo
Yup, we too have a cameo 2009 full wall slide 5 th wheel and have the washer/dryer combo, and it's in the front closet.
WE LOVE IT.
Wife really likes the unit because she sets it to wash and dry and then the load is done.
No remembering to put the clothes in the dryer after the washing is done.
Took a bit for the dealer to install the unit because they had to drill through the double floor in the slide for a overflow drain tube. Have never had any leak problem with the unit, it's just a precaution. The vent out the side of the rig also is fine.
We added a two year warranty with our machine when we got it(because we heard some negative stuff about the units)
so if we need assistance we can have a mobile approved guy come to us since we are full time and camp hosts.
Have used the machine on a regular basis for the last
1&1/2 years with no problems.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9390 by RVLifers
Replied by RVLifers on topic Re: Washer/Dryer Combo
While we realize the person who originally asked the question has already made their purchase, we wanted to add our dryer to the list of ones from which to choose. We recently had to replace our old Majestic, and we opted for the General Electric Spacemaker, which has a slightly larger drum, and several drying options. It's quiet, and works like a dream. We will still have to use campground facilities for our large items such as the quilt and mattress pad, but this GE is SO much nicer than our old Majestic.

We had to order the dryer from Home Depot. It can be ordered from Lowes or Sears too, but it was less expensive at Home Depot.

The Hammers

More
11 years 1 month ago #11389 by SkyWatcher
Replied by SkyWatcher on topic Re: Washer/Dryer Combo
My point on the Combo units are if it comes with the unit, use it but if you have to purchase it then my opinion is that it's a waste of money unless you or the wife have a favorite shirt they must have cleaned all the time, and also the capacity of clothes that can be washed at one time, well we have no problem going to the on post laundry and doing what clothes we need done just like at home, a few times we have had the priviledge to use the barracks laundry with no problem after checking with the 1 Sgt of course and not holding up a soldier use of it, where no problem arose to that point and it costed me nothing. But back to the combo units well there are also horror stories of units catching on fire from these units, so I would rather enjoy the road and not at my insurance agent filing a total loss claim because that is what will happen, because when a RV fire gets started it's done and the Fire Department personnel knows it as well.

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds