Washer/Dryer Combo

More
13 years 11 months ago #7434 by dbert513
Washer/Dryer Combo was created by dbert513
We have a 2009 Carriage Cameo 5th wheel that is already prepped for washer/dryer in the front closet. We're considering getting a unit, but I wanted to check with you all first on recommendations of manufacturers, models, etc.. Any info anyone has would be great. I'm liking the idea of a vented unit, which means putting a hole in the side of our rig. Thoughts or suggestions anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7435 by Kokomo36
Replied by Kokomo36 on topic Re:Washer/Dryer Combo
We have a combo Splendide 2000 (2002 vintage). It does small loads; however, when we're hooked up, the water and electric is usually included. Washing takes about 50 minutes and drying at least 120 for a full (for the unit) load. We just throw in a load while we do other things. It beats sitting around the laundry room.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7436 by cheldreth
Replied by cheldreth on topic Re:Washer/Dryer Combo
We are full-timers in our Bounder 35E and also have the Splendide. Anyone who has served in Europe will be familiar with this unit. It has been used extensively all over Europe in peoples' homes and apartments so the technology is not new.

I concur with what the previous poster has said. Periodically we will use the campground laundry to do something big like a comforter but for normal daily use for two people the Splendide does just fine.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

More
13 years 11 months ago #7437 by dbert513
Replied by dbert513 on topic Re:Washer/Dryer Combo
Thanks for the info guys. I've looked at the Splendide and found that Camping World has about the best price ($999). I'll do a bit more research and see if anyone else has any helpful words. Thanks again!

More
13 years 11 months ago #7440 by Army Guy
Replied by Army Guy on topic Re:Washer/Dryer Combo
Hi there. We full time in our 06 Mobile Suites and we have a stackable from Kenmore. We love it. It allows us to wash and dry at the same time. Great for multiple loads of laundry. We also had a Majestic stackable in our older Montana in the front closet and it was great. We would not own a combo unit as it does limit what you can do. If you are limited in space, a combo is better than sitting around in a laundry room though. Just my opion.

Rick & Jana
Army Retired (2009) Fulltimers since 2006
2006 Mobile Suites RL3 (Our house on Wheels)
2014 Ram Big Horn 3500

Living the Dream

More
13 years 11 months ago #7441 by bill6750
Replied by bill6750 on topic Re:Washer/Dryer Combo
We have the splendide in our HR Endeavor. We use it a lot while we travel. We live in the MH at least 8-9 mo. a year. I agree with the above post about it being a good product. B)

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds