new Furniture for RV

More
16 years 9 months ago #1435 by Free2RV
new Furniture for RV was created by Free2RV
my wife and I bought a new Bounder 35E in 2005. We used it extensively while our new home was being completed, and have made two cross country trips. Our Sofa and Chair have just about had it. We are looking for the best options in replacing them. Any Help??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #1437 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: New Furniture for RV
Free2RV.

Check this site. They have excelent furniture.

www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/viewCat_h.asp?idCategory=44

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #1438 by a Guest
don't know what part of the country you are in, however if you are near Elkhart, Indiana be sure to check our RV Surpluss. I was in there a month ago and they had LOTS of Sofas, Chairs and tons of other stuff. Also there were a lot of other places around town that deal in RV stuff. In case some people are not aware, Elkhart is the RV capitol of the US. MANY, MANY RV's are made there, so there are alot of off shoot company's that support or take manufactures leftovers. They have a web site, however it does not do them justice. I would say they probably had over 100 different sofa's and probably just as many easy chairs, and the prices are decent.
I purchased a NEW dual electric step (my coach just had a single) for $125.00 and the only thing I had to do is drill two 1/2" holes for mounting, and replace the door magnetic switch with a N/O switch instead of the N/C switch my old step had. The price for a new step anywhere else would have been about $400.00 or more.
Good Luck

More
16 years 9 months ago #1441 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: New Furniture for RV
Frank,

The RV Surplus places in Elkhart are great and the prices are unbelievable. They are just a fraction of what Monaco wants to charge us for parts at their service center just down the road.

Also, if you are in Oregon, the second RV capital of the country, you can find similiar kind of businesses. In the Harrisburg area are places that not only take the manufacturers overstocked items they also take in what people take out of their coaches and resell. For some reason Monaco likes to put the J-lounge in their top of the line coaches (which are all built in Oregon). I've met very few people who like the J-lounge and many immediately take them out and put in a recliner or computer desk. They pretty much give the J-lounges to the businesses in Harrisburg to take them off their hands.

Our latest Monaco came with a booth. We don't like a booth so we immediately took it out and gave it away then put in a free standing round table and chairs from a furniture store.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 9 months ago #1442 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic Re: New Furniture for RV
Your might try craigslist.com for your area, unless you are set on brand new.

We just bought 2 leather euro recliners to replace the clunky, heavy, ugly ones supplied by the mfg. These were in excellent shape and about 20% of new prices.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #1443 by a Guest
Also, you do not have to use "RV Furniture". I was tired of the uncomfortable sleeper couch, and finally got rid of it. We went over to the base furniture section and purchased a dual "sofa / recliner" It was the same size in width and 1000 times more comfortable. It's back is higher but still fits real nice. One of the smartest things we have done. We can secure it in place, but we don't. Also last year we purchased a swivel recliner from Wal-Mart to replace the super un-comfortable chair. We are very pleased with both purchases, and the prices were great also.
We no longer have the ability to "sleep six" or "eight", but we don't anyway. We have an air mattress if grandkids or others spend the night. Other guests can use a hotel or motel, it does not bother us, in fact it has workedout great for us.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds