Steering assist, anti sway bars

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #14580 by dave3687
I looked all over and couldn't find anything on this topic. I have a 2003 Fleetwood Flair gas class a. Anyone that has a class a gas knows how "sloppy" the steering can be and coach roll is not the best either. I have been looking at steering assist and anti sway bars and from what I've read on here there are some very smart very experienced rver's and so I'm asking do they work, are they worth the money, what do you guys know about them?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 week ago #14608 by cdrcos
I installed a Safe-T-Plus Steering Control on my Class C Jayco and it improved the steering 100%. ( www.safe-t-plus.com/ )

After a number of years, we just moved up to a Winnebago Class A 31' and, after driving back to MN from FL last week, I have an appointment to get one installed on the Class A next week.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
7 years 5 months ago #15056 by old_gringo
I added AirTabs to my Fleetwood Southwind. Improved stability helped the steering issue. Still looking at steering stabilizers and sway bars.

More
7 years 5 months ago #15059 by johnandmari
Dave – I do not know if you subscribe to MotorHome Magazine or the FMCA member magazine, but both have had several articles on this very subject over the past couple of years. The articles have suggested several “fixes” and products, such as installation of Safe-T-Plus Steering Control, Roadmaster, TruTrac bars/Anti-Sway bars, among several other products. You can search their websites for the articles ( www.motorhome.com/ www.fmcmagazine.com/ ) or visit your local library and look through their archives of the magazines.

Good luck,

John

More
7 years 5 months ago #15071 by dave3687
Thank you to everyone for your helpful advice. I do subscribe to MH mag and found a lot of very useful information there also. I did purchase the steering assist and also new shocks all around and new anti-sway bar bushings front and rear, the rear ones were completely gone. My son works at a racing shop and has access to ordering high quality parts at really ridiculously low cost so we were able to do everything for under $600 and it now drives like it's brand new. Again thanks for all your help.

More
6 years 11 months ago #16001 by Jimbob
My Georgetown drives great, I could steer with one hand on the wheel when a semi passes.
I made a rear track bar. Made new sway bar links and moved them to the inner holes. I had it aligned by JoSam in Orlando. They know how to align a Motorhome.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds