America's Official Pastime - Not What You Think

More
14 years 7 months ago #6385 by skyking8
I'd respectfully suggest that if you haven't been watching the nationally televised 2009 Little League World Series playoffs then you are not much of a baseball fan.

We all have our favorite pro team, but "America's Pastime" is not best exemplified by high priced pro ball players. It is best showcased by the 11-13 year old local all stars who are chosen to be a part of a Little League W/S team and are honored to represent their home state or foreign country.

Those of us who have been following the games from the beginning have picked out our "favorite" team. If you are just now tuning in, it isn't too late to pick one.

As a Texan, if I didn't go with San Antonio I'd be lynched. But honestly, I think Curuaso is going to take the prize.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #6390 by monkey44
Rick - you are absolutely correct --

It's this kind of TV that makes me sad I don't have on the road satellite, or some kind of reception - if I can get it, I'd watch this entire series ...

Quick, one of you guys park next to me because I got a LONG cable, just nothing to hook it to ...

More
14 years 7 months ago #6397 by skyking8
Monkey> If you're anywhere near Idaho, my sat dish has a dual LNB and I have 200 foot of cable.

Since my last post, San Antonio defeated California, the "favored ones" of the tv sports casters. So what do they know??

The fat lady hasn't sung yet, but as a Texan, I can now die happy. :lol:

More
14 years 7 months ago #6403 by monkey44
Between us, we have 250 feet, only need another 1600 miles of cable - but thanks for the offer Rick ... root for those younsters for me ...

One of the funnest times of my life when my son was that age and playing -- and me coaching. I'd take that time back again in a heart-beat and give up some of this 'old-fart' time I'm using now ...

More
14 years 6 months ago #6465 by Martin64
Sorry for weighing in here after-the-fact, but it really was exciting baseball. I never counted Chula Vista out of it. They played and won too many "clutch" games and really needed that loss to San Antonio to get them "grounded". But, beyond all that, it was still fun to watch. I started following this when the regionals were going on in San Bernardino and really wished they'd televised those.

I really liked the coaching of the San Antonio team. The sportsmanship of the 2nd baseman for Warner-Robbins was great. The "High-Five" to an opposing player after he just jacked one out was something you don't often see. Getting to see a local team win it all was pretty cool too. Those stats were incredible! I think I'd have been just as satisfied to see a US team win the final had Chula Vista not gone all the way.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6481 by Sarge3398
OK, now that we've got all that baseball stuff out of the way (except for the Yankees beating the snot out of the Red Sox Monkey!!) it's time for America's REAL Pastime.........ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds