BANKRUPTED RV MANUFACTURERS ???

More
12 years 6 days ago #9856 by Suzq
We purchased a new Safari just before Monaco started to fail at Lazy Days in Seffner, FL. From what we were able to learn we are a worst case scenario, but, frankly, who plans to buy an expensive brand new motorhome and agrees that it can have NUMEROUS leaks and problems, mold included? Monaco went bankrupt and an attny lied, took more money to defend us. In all of it Lazy Days never helped us. I will never buy from them again. They lied, the salesman, from the get go. After four months living at Lazy Fays in the bay, paying at their rv park while trying to get things fixed we knew more than we ever wanted to know about buying a new rv from a manufacturer. My advice..buy used. Wish I had kept the old one, it had no surprises and was less trouble. We even tried the Lemon Law (another story!) and the manufacturer said during mediation that ALL new rv's leak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #9857 by Suzq
This is good advice. Tiffins are beyond my budget, though.

More
12 years 6 days ago #9858 by Suzq
I was responding to the Tiffin owner above.

More
12 years 6 days ago #9859 by Suzq
We were told that getting things fixed when Monaco failed was harder because of parts and they do not seem to have the desire to fix things at repair centers. We just started doing it ourselves and gave up on the warranty part. But we did ask at two or three rv dealers with repair facilities and they each said the same thing, that no one could get work done. You do NOT want to end up in this situation unless you have a trusted friend to do your repairs!

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 6 days ago #9864 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: BANKRUPTED RV MANUFACTURERS ???
Suzq, do not understand or agree with your comment that Tiffins are beyond your budget if you bought a new Safari. Monaco products were always priced higher than a comparable Tiffin RV motorhome. Tiffin has always had the reputation for building the coach with the best quality for the lowest price and always stands behind his RV's. Not saying Tiffin has not built a motorhome that may have had problems when bought new but they would do whatever it took to fix it right and if it could not be fixed right they would give you another new coach right at the plant. We know so many people who told us nightmare stories about repairs done shoddy, additional damage done to the RV and long delays in getting the repairs done at Lazy Days. So sorry you had to go through the nightmare you did, and what a load of doodoo to say all new RV's leak, we never had a leaker, even non-Tiffins we first purchased never leaked.

More
12 years 4 days ago #9882 by Suzq
Tiffins would be what I would look for if I coud get loose from this Safari. Spouse says they have a high rate of value. I could not belie e my ears when that Monaco rep said that. But, then I guess he would have said ANYTHING. Used to be considered a "fatal flaw" afterall. Hard to sell this one to someone else, prickles my consvience badly.

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds