WIFI again

More
17 years 3 days ago #870 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: WIFI again
I think the best way to do this is for me to coordinate the info and then eventually write up the explanation ... so anyone interested in helping can send me a PM and we can hook up via regular email to send info back and forth -- that way, I can copy it into my MSW program and edit etc...

I sent an email to Skyking but have not heard back -- this may take a little time as we're all traveling and busy, I'm sure - but we should get a good solid description when it's finished.

Open to any other ideas too ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 days ago #871 by rabeow
Replied by rabeow on topic Re: WIFI again
Another option could be a list of willing participants to answer specific questions via direct email or even a phone call. As I am sure most people have discovered, almost every situation is different. I do think a generic, common language guidebook is a good idea. This would just give people another option if that doesn't work for their particular circumstance.

More
16 years 11 months ago #966 by neilfl9
Replied by neilfl9 on topic Re: WIFI again
I have very good knowledge of DirecTV and TiVo al the way up to the latest HDTV technology as well as a very good understanding of wireless networking (WiFi) technology.  I'd be happy to contribute to any pulic domain (free) handbook that you might want to publish. I would prefer to work with others through email rather than the forum however. Has anyone created an outline of the handbook and what topics you'd like to cover? Its best to work from these that to just start writing.

More
16 years 11 months ago #969 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: WIFI again
matter of fact, I'll update you guys on this now.

I've been working with Skyking on this for a couple weeks ... we're trying to "explain" how WIFI works and how to get it, how phone-web works and how to get that too ... and then we'll go on to the Satelitte stuff too. It does take time to do this, and we're going back and forth with email as it is much more effective.

At this stage, I'm writing a "capsule" of what the two of us discussed. So in a few days, I'll see if Larry can post that and link to it as a "read only" file, instead of putting it on the forum. Once I do that, others can email me with ideas or corrections, or relevant info ... and then Rick (the tech guy) and I (the writer guy) will coordinate all in one place so we don't have a bunch of different pages confusing the progress. The intent here is to eventually post this as an over-view of the "on-the-road" electronic technology available -- both web and cable ... so we all can better use this "new-fangled" stuff that all of our children find second nature !! M44

More
16 years 11 months ago #977 by rabeow
Replied by rabeow on topic Re: WIFI again
Sounds great. I would love to know how to get internet through my cell phone when I'm out of Wi-fi range. Looking forward to it.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #994 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: WIFI again
Just a comment.
As you guys are working on WI-FI and Sattelites ETC. How about a comment about GPS Navigation. I purchased a GARMIN c340, and have not used it for a trip yet just around town, but it looks to be a great tool. Maybe you could discuss their usefullnes in the RV world, what to look for when purchasing, and if others members read this and have one, they could comment on why they purchased theirs, their make and model, and how satisfied they are with it.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds