Seafood Question???

More
16 years 7 months ago #1932 by Mustang03
Replied by Mustang03 on topic Re: Seafood Question???
Now here's a little tidbit to make your day... I used to know a Calif. Fish & Game officer who worked the Salton Sea and surrounding area. A major headache was the Vietnamese gangs coming out there and gill-netting fish out of the Sea. Very lucrative! They could spend a night, fill a pickup bed with fish and take it in to Chinatown in LA where they sold it on the street for a bunch of money in a matter of a couple of hours, tops. Now I'll eat a lot of things, but a fish from the Salton Sea is NOT one of them. This agent told me (and showed me too) that he lost toenails whenever he had to wade in after them whenever they refused to get out of the water. They would fall off in the shower when he got home just from immersion in the water. God only knows how fish were living in that stuff!

So, needless to say, in LA's Chinatown I never order the fish. Even if it is home-grown.

Really lookng forward to visiting Maine for some fresh seafood!

B.N. Lavender
Capt. (LDO) USMC (Ret.)
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #1933 by bill6750
Replied by bill6750 on topic Re: Seafood Question???
We are in Bar Harbor, Maine right now. The fresh lobster is great. I cooked some yesterday. It was my first time for fresh lobster. What a deal. Cheap and really tasted great. On our way to the Keys.

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.414 seconds