National Parks and DAV discounts

More
16 years 3 months ago #2690 by skyking8
Monkey> I apologize to you or anyone else who might have thought that my generic remarks were intended for them. That was not the case. When I wrote the words ?spoiled brats? that was a very poor choice of words. Knowing that this method of communication is not face to face with the ability to interact, I should have picked another phrase. But excepting that mistake, I will stand by my original evaluation of the situation.

Yes, Curt, this is a Great Country.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2691 by monkey44
Hey Rick -- we all say things that are misinterpretated by some, and also say things that don't mean what we really mean -- I've done it myself, and jump out of my skin when someone comments and I think -- wow, I didn't really mean it that way ... no offense taken here, or ever anywhere unless someone actually puts my name on it directly --

But, to mention your (skyking) earlier quote: "I have no expectation of getting C/G freebies or heavy discounts on the back of American taxpayers."

This benefit is not really on the backs of the taxpayers -- one of the few that isn't actually. This cost no one anything -- it's just a less rate for camping.

We use the restrooms, maybe, but can use them even when not camping. So we DAV's just get a little less personal cost for this experience -- which is one that I enjoy more than anything else I do, accept my family time of course.

More
15 years 11 months ago #3265 by FastEagle
The web site listed below describes most of the discounts offered by our National Parks including disability discounts.

I’ve been into two National Parks in the past three months and still have my Golden Age Passport card. The reason is because my card is hard plastic and has the required bar code strip. I talked with a ranger about it and she told me they would not replace them as long as the bar code was scannable.

I’ve been to two Military Campgrounds/RV Parks that give a discount to holders of Golden Age Passport/Golden Access Passport cards. Grand Forks AFB, ND FAMCAMP gives a 50% discount and The RV Park at Fort Bliss, TX gives a 10% discount.

www.seniordiscounts.com/articles/articles-sd-02-13-08.aspx

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds