Recent Poll Results

More
16 years 4 months ago #2429 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re: Recent Poll Results
And how old are you monkey44? We are fully retired and have been stickless full timers for more than four years now and have never boon docked, not even in a Wal-mart parking lot. Came close a few times in state parks where we only had water and elect. but had planned ahead and were there for less than a week. I consider my generator as emergency equipment. If I can't park real close to it I'm just going to miss it and move on. You mght be surprised at what you can see at some of the great RV parks in this country. Yep, we gave up going to those places where we can be kidnapped (south) or hijacked (north). We stick pretty close to the main stream where those around us look a lot alike; Grey Haired & Comfortable. When our kids were young we went out in the wild and pitched tents with them and went hunting & fishing or just exploring. Now they are doing it with their kids.

FastEagle

p.s. This is the type of RV park we enjoy the most.

koa.com/where/fl/09325/

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #2431 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Recent Poll Results
Monkey44 is 64 years old -- also retired, but still go off into the back-country. I meant no disrespect for people that never boondock if anyone takes my comment that way -- I just find it hard to believe anyone that RV's would never have done it.

Boon-docking seems like one part of the camping/RVing way of life, that's all. And, I do like the sites with FHU services best, especially as I get older, and am also a DAV with ortho injuries -- so getting around is much less easy now than when I was younger ... and as I age, I tend to plan a little better and try to find CGs with hook-ups instead of "wild sites" -- and you're right about the NP's and SP's -- each often has great places to explore and visit, even the one that are more developed ...

More
16 years 4 months ago #2433 by jgrgg
Replied by jgrgg on topic Re: Recent Poll Results
I am with you monkey 44, I have a 40' Allegro Bus from Tiffin Motors. Their motto is Roughing it Smoothly.

Joe

More
16 years 4 months ago #2434 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Recent Poll Results
FastEagle> RE: We are fully retired and have been stickless full timers.... I feel your pain.

Wonder if there is a RV conversion kit for those of us who'd like to regain the stick feel? Maybe take out the steering wheel and put in a multi-button stick and a throttle quadrant. Add a landing gear control wheel for the leveling jack controls. Perhaps speed brake controls for those idiots who stop quickly in front of us. An afterburner for mountain driving. Then as the ultimate touch we could add a high lift rotor system for the rig to get up and away from any traffic jam.

I'm getting excited just thinking about the possibilities.

The Navy guys probably want some kind of dive plane stuff. The Marines would swap the toilet for a trench.

You think?

More
16 years 4 months ago #2436 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Recent Poll Results
"The Navy guys probably want some kind of dive plane stuff."

Dive planes -- as in Submarines?? Can certainly relate to that ... speeding along under the sea !!!

More
16 years 4 months ago #2441 by utmtman
Replied by utmtman on topic Re: Recent Poll Results
The other half and I have boondocked only for camping purposes in Utah. Never more than a week since we need to empty one of our black and one of our grey tanks after a week of use. We dont have a problem with boondocking but have not run across a situation where we have needed or wanted to boondock since we began camping and rving as a more constant five years ago.

Time to create page: 0.547 seconds