Limited military rv sites for large rv?

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #792 by FastEagle
Hi Gary,

Saw a rig just like yours in the "CB" park in Gulfport, MS a few years ago. Could it have been you?

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1071 by oldchief46
tom & Pam,

Everyone here assumed you were talking trailer or fifth wheel when you said toy hauler. There are some toy haulers out there in the motorhome market. Monaco came out with one this year under the Safari Simba name. It has a front engine diesel with a mid-coach entry door. The back compartment, where the bedroom would be on a regular MH is the toy box with the entire rear opening with hydralics. Saw one at a rally in Orlando this past January. The toy box can also be converted to a bedroom/sitting room with the overhead, drop down bed and built in TV.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 11 months ago #1072 by fiatspider79
Chief,

I saw one in Quartzsite in January and fell in love. Except for that drop down bed in the living room thing it would be perfect for me. Unfortunately I am not neat enough to make the bed every morning and tryst it up for the day. Had enough of that when I was junior man in the MarDet on board the USS Independence in '63. Sweepers, sweepers, man your brooms...
Glenn

More
16 years 11 months ago #1090 by rabeow
my toyhauler is every bit of 40' even though the model number suggests 37'. That said, I haven't had any problems getting a site or parking this monster in a site. In my experience, most parks have given me a pull through site when I tell them my rig is 40' which makes it even easier to park.

As for shopping for a toyhauler, take your time. I spent almost two years looking and comparing. In the two years we have owned this rig we have yet to find anything we like better. I will try to post some pics of the rig in the photos section.

Keep the rubber on the road.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds