RV safety courses

More
5 years 2 months ago #16919 by Hank85713
RV safety courses was created by Hank85713
My Insurance Co says I can get a discount if I attend a rv safety course. I have looked around and asked but no one seems to know where these occur. I would guess at some of the bigger shows, rally's etc, but ??

I do have a CDL and that gives a discount already but if there is a way to get another just like ya do for motorcycles and other driver ed stuff.

hank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #16922 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic RV safety courses
Hank85713,

There are a number of ways to obtain insurance rate discounts; having a CDL is one, as you indicate. Most insurance offer a discount for “years driven, without a claim/tickets/etc. Participation in a manufacturer’s ownership club (Newmar Kountry Klub, Tiffin Allegro Club, etc). Some offer discounts for military service, whether active duty or retired. Installation of a security system in the RV (must be active 24/7, and operational whether the RV is occupied or not). Storage location while not in use is a discount option – inside a secure garage. Completion of a RV driver’s course is of course an option. Below are just a few courses offered; I’m sure you can find more with a Google search.
www.rvschool.com/
www.fmca.com/rv-driving-school
www.rvbasictraining.com/
swtdt.com/programs/rv-training/

Good luck,
John

More
5 years 2 months ago #16923 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic RV safety courses
yes you are right, but when I was into motorcycle rallies, they often featured a safety seminar/course as part of the inducement. Yes a mc is much smaller to work with, but all the courses I have seen/found were anywhere from $3-500 and are in areas away from where we reside. The rallies try to get folks in but it seems only to either promote the brand or sell some. I have all but the security system for discounts, but they made it a big deal to have a safety course! I have also been a certified driver trainer. Anyhow this is something for others to think about, the small discount is really not important to me, but might be for others who do not share my experience. Camp world hold seminars but the big thing is mainly selling products and trying to get folks to buy them. These do not count.

On another note, I have seen and experienced many rv operators out there without any idea of really what they were doing. One a couple of years ago featured a BRAND NEW DP A. The guy was trying to maneuver in a small area and almost drove into some trees thinking I guess that he was still in his car? I stopped him and told him what he needed to do IMO, he did and was successful. BTW his wife was outside as an observer and was not able to help at all in this case.

I have seen instructional videos being available on air brake systems, and all the other things like how to do a pretrip, how to check for mechanical things (oil, lines, transmission stuff) so there seems to be an audience but one not willing to pay around $40 per video?

but anyhow thanks for the reply, maybe someone will read and then think about the subject.

More
5 years 2 months ago #16948 by The Roo
Replied by The Roo on topic RV safety courses
You may also want to check out
www.escapees.com
They hold what they call RV Boot Camps

More
5 years 2 months ago #16952 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic RV safety courses
You might find some help here....
I was not able to add a live link rvlifestyleexperts.com/getting-started/D...chools-BootCamps.htm

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds