First Trip from FL to NH

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #14199 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic First Trip from FL to NH
I agree with monkey with the exception of the route thru GA. I have lived, and RVed, in GA, SC, VA, and PA.

I would head up to Charlotte, get on I-77, then I-81 and follow it all the way to Harrisburg, PA. From there pick whatever suits your fancy. Using I-95 to be nearer FamCamps is sort of like slamming your hand in a car door just to save a couple of quarters.

The Fancy Gap portion of I-77 north of Charlotte into VA is not a big deal. 18 wheelers do it regularly. Three lanes near the top. Going down the other side is a bit curvy, but it's interstate curves. If you have a pac brake or trailer brake you will be fine. From about Roanoke, VA northbound the I-81 stretch thru VA is a little "hilly". VA hasn't come into the modern era of interstate travel so their speed limits are only 55 and 65.

If the schedule works out, there are a couple of nice CGs at the top of Fancy Gap and several more in Wytheville, VA. I have found that the selections of nice CGs from Roanoke northbound are limited. You can research CGs here: rvparkreviews.com

I would also suggest you visit the Amish area around Lancaster, PA.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by skyking8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mstaglia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14200 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic First Trip from FL to NH
Well, that's correct, I-77 instead of I-75 if that suits the route better ... but the best thing you can do is stay away from I-95 ... traffic, crowds, construction, diversions - makes for a terrible trip. And you also have tolls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mstaglia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds