COAST-TO-COAST (GOOD SAM) MEMBERSHIP

More
8 years 9 months ago #13842 by JCSme2008
My wife and I attended an Ocean Canyon Properties sales presentation for access to Coast-to-Coast membership, but have want to know some "pros" and "cons" to having this membership.

2005 FLEETWOOD DISCOVERY 38U

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #13845 by floridakamper
I've had friends that had Coast to Coast and it didn't work for them. I've been to a presentation also and did not buy. Thousand Trails is the 100 pound gorilla in the membership business. They sell zone memberships which are a good way to get your feet wet, without a multi year obligation and a big buy in. IMHO, membership are good if the campgrounds are in areas you'll use. There are also good deals available on the resale market. We belong to Outdoor World which is now part of Thousand Trails. There are 16 campgrounds from Florida to Maine, with all of them on the east coast except one. I paid $200 to purchase from someone that wasn't using it. My annual dues are $485 and we probably spend 60 or 70 days a year in their campgrounds at no daily charge. I get a lot of use out of Passport America. We're in a Passport park tonight in Texas. It costs about $40 a year and you get half price camping. Remember, campground membership sales people make used car salesmen look like saints.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by floridakamper.

More
8 years 9 months ago #13849 by Travman100
If you decide to buy any membership, my suggestion would be to buy a resell membership from an individual and it will be a fraction of the cost of purchasing a membership from the salesman, as in several thousand dollars cheaper. Look for ads online for resell memberships.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JCSme2008

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds