GPS Auto Navigation

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1205 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: GPS Auto Navigation
I order "Copilot Live 10 Laptop and is great loaded with everything you need for travel.
<www>

Check it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1216 by mkebikecop
Replied by mkebikecop on topic Re: GPS Auto Navigation
In answer to your question about "walking mode", yes it has a a walking mode. I never tried it yet yet but it's there.

The trip we are on now we started out the first day with the setting as "fastest" mode, it took us right to the door of the first cg. The next day we tried "avoid freeways", it took us through some great scenic areas. the next day we ran into some bad weather, the people we were traveling with knew the area we were in. They wanted to take a shortcut to out destination so we followed them. I left the Tom Tom on, the trip it already programed it had set matched the shortcut turn for turn.

We went on a day trip in the truck to see the sights. When I pushed the last "docked" it took us back to our motorhome.

"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
-F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1218 by a Guest
nomads,
I was hoping that people would be a bit more detailed about their GPS unit. Why don't you list some of the nice things that it does, and even some of the areas that you think it should have, etc.
This thread is for us to talk about our different units and their plus's and minus's so that others may be more informed when they get serious about purchasing one.
Thanks

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1219 by a Guest
We just finished a three day trip using the Magellan, and I was very cautious about trusting it, however it passed with good marks. It was a bit off when we were going into Hill AFB as we were at exit 336 and it said 338. Then when we pulled into Champaign,Illinois it kept saying we were on I-74 when we were on sid streets. The turns were correct it jsut kept saying the street name was I-74.
Overall I would give an 8 on a scale of 1 -10 (10 being best). The picture featur is very handy if you want to load it up with pictures and share them with friends, etc.

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1220 by a Guest
RVtraveler
It sounds like you are very happy with the TomTom, I hear it is made by the same company that makes the Garmen. The price sounds very good too.
Frank

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1225 by a Guest
Sorry, Frank.
I didn't meant to step in anybodys toes.
I didn't put any info because the site that i posted is very clear with what it does, I purchase one
and it works great for me.
Again I apologize and will not post anymore.
Take care.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds