• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1226 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: GPS Auto Navigation
nomads
Please don't go!!!
I did NOT mean to offend you in any way. I was trying to ask for more information about your GPS unit from your obesrvations. I am sure that the link to to company site is full of good information, however I was trying to get actual users input as to how their units measured up to their needs. I was wanting un biased information from us that have them so that maybe others that are considering one could use. My most humble appologies to you if I came across otherwise, please continue to contribute.
PS: I like the emblem that you attached to your name, It sounds that you were Army or Marine. which one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1227 by a Guest
Roger Wil-Co, Frank.

Just watching my -Six ,Roger.

More
16 years 10 months ago #1248 by OurVee
Replied by OurVee on topic Re: GPS Auto Navigation
We bought a Garmin Street pilot c550 and love it. It's very easy to use. We stuck a 1G SD card in it with music and have thought about getting the external adapter so that it plays through the sound system)a traveling friend of mine does this in his SUV and loves it. I like the way you can keep it updated and plug in your own points-of-interest. We even loaded a few photos. $799 at Circuit City in Sept 2006. Pricey, but we would never even think of going anywhere without it. The funniest thing was when we went up on a new stretch of highway, and the poor dear kept having to say "recalculating". The screen showed us in a big patch of green and at one point, we felt 'she' was getting rather annoyed with us. We are both still laughing.

• a Guest
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #1276 by a Guest
Ourvee
Am glad you like the Garmin, we too are getting more dependent on our Magellan. We are currently in central Illinois where we are unfamilar with. It has helped us out a couple times when we were lost (hate to admit that). It sounds like the only drawback is the price. Happy travels.
Frank

More
16 years 10 months ago #1279 by OurVee
Replied by OurVee on topic Re: GPS Auto Navigation
the gps changes an old saying just a little: Happiness is never having to say "we're lost". Since the wife is 'pilot' and navigation falls to me, the looks I get are more for changing the music without asking, than not reading the map right.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds