Re: Telling Them We Are Valuable

More
16 years 11 months ago #1033 by monkey44
QUOTE: "Now, who is going to organize and publicize this movement?"

That would be you Glenn ... ;D ;D

Sounds like a good result, not sure of the method though. Very tough to go around paying for everything with $2's. When this happened all those years ago, $2 actually bought something. Nowadays, $2 doesn't even buy a gallon of fuel. So the mechanics of this are different. You'd have to carry around a couple hundred $2 bills, and then would have no receipts nor records for the CC purchases --

Would seem to me and a brief note (you could even send the same one 'saved' on the CPU, and just change the command) sent to the OIC of each CG where you stayed would be easier and probably more effective in the long run ... might even make a notation of how much you actually spent during your stay ... and for what purpose -- CG fees, Fuel, BX Commissary, etc.

Personally, I would support an effort of this nature, but would find it nearly impossible to do it with the $2 bill concept.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1040 by oldchief46
I agree with the concept but like has been said is the $2.00 bill the way to go in today's economy. This actually worked in the mid-1950's in San Diego. My older brother joined the Navy in 1956. This was back when we were still paid with cash. For awhile they paid all the sailors with $2.00 bills to show the local merchants the inpact the Navy made on the community. Considering that San Diego was pretty much only a Navy town back then I'm not sure why the local merchants needed to be reminded of the Navy's input into the economy.

We use the base services as much as possible when using the FamCamps. Got to be some way for the bases to understand what we are all about. Down in south Texas, in the winters, the local camp grounds have name tags for all the snowbirds to wear showing the persons name, where they are from and the name of the campground. Not only do they encourage these folks to wear them at campground activities but also when shopping out in community. We do the same thing at our Monaco RV Rallies. We encourage all the attendees to wear their name tags when they go to the local Wally World, etc. Not sure I want to wear my military ID card around my neck.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 11 months ago #1045 by Chancellor
Easy How about when you pull into one Tell them who you are and why you are there and ask them if you are wanted! I found over the years not to take that people understand anything for granted. Remind them why you are there and what you expect. Believe it or not it does work. For the ones that don't "LISTEN" put them on the site here and let people know to avoid those ones. Once they see that we mean business they will be ordered to change they're ways. As the saying go's Money talks BS walks.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1055 by stnb4ever
I once saw a dollar bill with a sticker pasted over the presidents face. The sticker was one of santa clause. It was a gimmic of course for the kids for christmas, but the sticker looked authentic and was easily removed. I am not one for defacing the money of our government of course, but like I said, it was easily removed and only covered the portrait part of the face. I really do not know the legality of this type of option, some may even find it distasteful and revolting. Just a thought that we may be able to adhere some type of removable sticker on a $20 bill. Purhaps just this website address at the upper edge ot the bill. Some of the money would undoubitly go back to other campground users and help to promote this website. Some will end up wherever it goes on the base. Sure it would get noticed and removed eventually but thats the point. Just a thought, maybe a bad one, I dont know. Sorry if this idea offends anyone.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1067 by karylkoch
Wouldn't it be easier to fill out the opinion forms, that they have when you check-in. I recently was concerned about the lack of space at a campground, and the fact that it was mostly filled with Homesteaders. I started by saying, how nice the campground was, and how we liked staying there, than mentioned my concerns. I got a reply immediately, explaining a new rule that had started to help discourage homesteaders. I wrote back with another comment, and thanking the person for a quick response. He wrote back saying he had called the manager, and they assured him that the new rules have been initiated. We will be back there in Sept. and I will be able to see for myself. I felt much better, after voicing my concerns. If all RVer's did this at every base they had a concern, I'm sure they would finally get the message. I also sent a copy, of the rules about Homesteading, that someone gave a link to on Homesteading.

More
16 years 11 months ago #1070 by monkey44
Right on ... I agree -- I believe that every concern that is put in writing will bring more contact than any verbal discussion, or any "just complain about it" ... and it's always better to say nice things too, about the good things they do, as well as mention the issue you'd like addressed or changed.

Time to create page: 0.458 seconds