Louisville South (Shepardsville Ky) KOA

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7547 by Chiefe9
My wife and I are looking for a nice campground in the Fort Knox area to meet our son and his family and are considering this KOA. Has anyone stayed here that can give us their opinion about it? Any recommendations for other campgrounds near Fort Knox? Thanks in advance, Roy
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Chiefe9. Reason: better identify location

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7555 by gesuhan
There's a campground at Fort Knox.

dbentley

More
13 years 8 months ago #7558 by majfrizz
i stay at Knox campground all the time. thye do not take reservations is one issue and you have a lot of sites used by contractors doing long term work on the post. the nearest campground is in Sherperdsville, called Grandmas, basic but clean and cheap.

US Army Retired (33 years) Active & Reserve
2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus 45OPP
2018 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab SLT 4WD Long Bed

More
13 years 8 months ago #7561 by [email protected]
camp carlson is a t fort knox and is a nice cg. might check see if can get in.

More
13 years 6 months ago #7806 by Chiefe9
We decided to stay at the KOA and found it quite enjoyable. The staff worked hard to get us two campsites at the top of the hill which allowed us to park our RV's facing each other. There is no cable but received several channels over the air. Staff was very friendly and the location is close to restaurants, grocery store, etc. My ten year old grandson enjoyed the playground and playing with other kids. Great place to stay while sightseeing in local area.

More
13 years 5 months ago #7870 by subldo
Chiefe9,

Thanks for the update on the Louisville South KOA. I have a sister that lives in the Louisville area and was wondering what this KOA was like.

SUBLDO

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds