KOA, Fayetteville/Wade, NC

More
15 years 2 months ago #5633 by Hawkeye 84
Good morning gang. I finally drove out to this KOA yesterday and did a recon. Here is what I found:
1. The perfect lay-over or mid-trip stopover if you are traveling I-95 from the NE to SE or Florida. 1/2 mile off I-95.
2. Most (90%) pull through, gravel, FHU, 30/50 Amp sites. Some homesteaders (100lb LP bottles giveaway) but on back row.
3. Nice camp store with some camping supplies (fuses/TP/sewer hoses/etc)
4. Pool in summer would be awesome.
5. Close to Bragg and its PX/Commissary.
6. Plenty of trees for shade, but don't effect manuevering.
7. Play ground for kids and doggie play ground.
8. Propane for sale.
9. Free cable.

The family and I are looking for a nice weekend real soon to calm our itch until spring break/Easter trip. I'll report and update when we get out there and spend a short weekend there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #5635 by skyking8
Over a couple year period I’ve stayed in that KOA several times, so let me add my two cents worth. There are two negatives. One is that it’s a little pricey and the bugs are very thick in the summer months. So much so that it’s not pleasant to sit outside. Besides the other positives mentioned by Hawkeye, it’s convenient to the interstate but far enough away that you won’t get the usual KOA road noise. I don't know that I'd say that it's "close" to Bragg, but close is a personal opinion. It will take a least 30 minutes to get to Bragg via the published route and 20 by back roads. Worth the drive either way, because Bragg has a fantastic commissary. There’s another campground not far from the KOA called Lazy Acres. It’s quite a bit cheaper, but the pads are sandy and the roads make it a bit more difficult to maneuver the rig. Don’t be there on a Sat nite. A nearby race track makes it very noisy.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 14 years 1 month ago #5637 by FastEagle
OK! OK!

I went and found it. Listed below is the original campground review I wrote on the Wade, NC KOA. The references are still good.

FastEagle

KOA Fayetteville - Wade, NC

I have a brother in Fayetteville, NC and before he got me a 50 amp hook up in his back yard I used to stay at the KOA out on 301 near Wade, NC. It’s a family owned and run KOA and a nice friendly place to stay. Very quiet location for a KOA. See the web site below for details. I can’t add much to it.

www.koa.com/where/nc/33123/

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by FastEagle.

More
15 years 1 month ago #5686 by Hawkeye 84
Just spent the weekend here getting our "camping" fix. We should be able to make it to spring break! Whew.

The place was 95% full both Fri and Sat nights. Mostly single overnights as travelers were stopping on their trek from north to south or visa versa. No power interuptions or waiver of voltage. Quite except for the lonely train whistle from the tracks 1 mile to the west as it passed through the town of Wade. Didn't see fire rings, so I asked about them, and the owner said that you could get one, just had to ask.

A very nice place to either overnight or spend a week.

More
14 years 1 month ago #7303 by greyhound73772
I spent two nights at the Wade, NC KOA in March 2010 and was pleased with the facility. Prices were in line with other KOA's. The only complaint was they put me on a site that was dirt and it had rained the previous couple of days. My leveling jacks sunk into the ground. :)

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds