Up State NY Campground

More
17 years 1 month ago #517 by FastEagle
Our venture into New England this year will take is up I81 to upper NY state. We plan on taking State Highway 37 out of Watertown, NY and loop around to US-11 in Malone, NY. We have been through the Adirondack Park Via I87 but have never gone on the US side of the St. Lawrence before. Has anyone got any info on a place we might be able to park for a few days on State Highway 37. We have found Eel Wier in Ogdenburg but are hoping to find a place very close to the waterway and a word of mouth place is hard to find early. Been working on it some time now without much luck. Our major stop in that area of our trip will be South Hero, VT.

FastEagle
:)

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #554 by johnandmari
Last September, we left Wellesley Island (a NICE NY State CG), on the St Lawrence River ( nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=164 ). We followed NY State 12 along the river to Morristown, where we picked up NY State 37 to Constable, where we picked up US 11. We followed US 11 into Vermont, where we picked up US 2 south to South Alburg, where we spent the next eight days at the Alburg RV Resort ( www.campvermont.com/html/cgs/north/alburgrv.htm ). Should you chose to use either/both of these CGs (both of which I recommend), reservations are highly encouraged! There are numerous state and private CGs all along the way, some only suitable for a night's stop, some quite nice; many backed right up on the river - Jacques Cartier SP looked very nice, and is right on the river - near Morristown. I realize this may not be the answer you were looking for, but it's the best I can provide - ;D

Where in South Hero do you plan to stop? Apple Island Resort is nice (on South Hero, near the bridge), as is Mallets Bay (just north of Burlington), although we did not stay at either. We were in the area for the 2006 Newmar International rally (Sept 30 - Oct 6) held at Essex Junction, just NE of Burlington. Word of mouth at the rally - both were nice.

Enjoy yourselves!

John

More
17 years 1 month ago #557 by FastEagle
Wow! Great feedback John! I've put both addresses into my RV favorites files. And, yes we do plan on staying at Apple Island. Their web site makes them very appealing.

TYVM!
FastEagle

USN Retired - PDRL

More
16 years 10 months ago #1256 by FastEagle
We ended up staying at Coons Creek State Park right on the river. Super site. Highly recommended to all. Also sayed at Apple Island in South Hero. Nice site with a FHU but the staff were stuffy and not very friendly.

FastEagle

USN Retired - PDRL

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds