Attempted Ripoff

More
7 years 8 months ago #14795 by Frank A.
Attempted Ripoff was created by Frank A.
We had reservations for last night at E & J RV Park in Ellensburg, Washington. When I made the reservations a week ago I was quoted 35.00 for the night. When we arrived we had to check in at the Days Inn motel which apparently was part of the complex. We thought we were going to pay 35.00 so gave the clerk our credit and Good Sam cards. He said that will be 65.00. My wife and I both almost hit the floor with surprise. We both said "NO WAY" at the same time. He already had our Good Sam card when he quoted 65.00 but now said with Good Sam he could let us have a site for 55.00. Well, at that time it was time for us to leave. The clerk said the price included a continental breakfast in the morning, a very expensive continental breakfast. The park was OK for an overnite stay but it was a parking lot and not at all appealing. We drove on down the road and my wife called a state park in Vantage that had site open. Then we wondered if the clerk had run our credit card. My wife called and he said he didn't and then said if we hadn't found another site he could let us stay there for 39.00. Needless to say we continued driving an stayed at the state park. It turned out to be one of the nicest state parks we've ever stayed in. And we had some intertainment while there. We were up on a hill and watched fire trucks and a helicopter put out a small forest fire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14796 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Attempted Ripoff
This really was a ripoff Frank. In looking at their website they show $35.00 per night for an RV site and when I go in the Good Sam website they show rates from $39.99 to $65.00 and in my Good Sam 2015 RV Travel and Savings Guide the campground ad shows last rate was $35.00 2014. I guess they make it up as they go along. Glad you decided to move on and if you have not done so notify the Good Sam Club of this and Good Sam Club personnel hopefully will contact the campground and let them know they are aware of it and hopefully will not try it again. When I make any type of private campground reservation I always ask them for an email with the amount and date of my reservation and it goes with me when we arrive at the campground. Even when the campground asks for a deposit I take along the email they send me to prove I paid a deposit, several times over the years it has come in handy when they say our computer is not working and we have no record of the deposit. Have a wonderful time in Washington, one of the 16 states we have not been to yet in the lower 48 and hope to get there in the next few years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank A.

More
7 years 8 months ago #14799 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Attempted Ripoff
I do plan on contacting Good Sam. We had a wonderful visit in Washington and now in Missoula, Montana at a very nice RV Park, Jim & Mary's, if you are ever in the area.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds